Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 15th TEA Party.






Well I managed to get another tax of a sort while at the Tea Party in Downtown Cincy. How about $35 parking ticket. Go Figure. Missed the meter by 5 minutes and that's what I get.

Enough about me though. This is a movement to say the least. 550 events in the 50 states. Who knows how many people involved.

Here are some picks from the Cincy party.


This is Captain. He was trying to make friends with another dog the size of a pony. lol.


and this was my favorite sign out there after this one below.


So the Local Government couldn't seem to find a way to stop this without raising a bigger fuss but they did something else to 'limit' the size of the event. If you have ever been to Fountain Square you know the size of the place. The City put out temporary flower beds that took up about 70% of the square. Here are some pics of that mess.


To keep things low key though they did shut down one block of Vine St do the crowd could form up there.

I have been involved with several Protests here in Cincinnati and I have to say that Midwestern weather REALLY blows. Every-time I am out there its Frigging COLD! Or raining. Funny thing was it was in the low 60's yesterday and today is in the High 30's. Good event though. Only a couple of counter protesters around and the local news channels were out this time.

I would like to say that these events give me hope for the country's future. They don't. I am a die hard Cynic. I see these people getting angry at the way the Government is treating them yet I think if the tyranny grows further these same people will (a majority of them anyway) would just fold up and surrender.

With morbid anticipation I await the future. Its kind of like watching an accident unfold before you and not being able to do anything to stop it.
I am doing what I can while I can. Later we will see what actions will be necessary.

No comments: