Saturday, April 18, 2009

the other side of the coin.

Coin literally being what I mean here.

When I am not yelling about the Gubmint, walking peeps through what not to do on their 'puters, or making little holes in paper at distance, I do the following.
(My apologies for by crapass camera.)


Last night was a 'national' night. We provided full rig to Skid Row and had a pretty decent night. I have to say that things have much improved over the debauchery of the early 90's. Not so much Booze and NO DRUGS!!!! Woot!
Good crowd, no fights, LOTS of beer sales. The Club was happy, the Band was happy, the Crowd was Ecstatic, the crew; not so much. 18 hour days tend to wear out any enthusiasm and make tolerance levels slim. Not to say we weren't happy but more to say we were WORN the FUCK OUT! Fuss-man managed to have a good end to the night.
The one not in 'hottie gear' is his GF Tavia so its not like he is pulling anything on anyone.


Here is another 'backstage' shot. Again, my camera blows for action shots but its what I have so I live with it.

I am doing another show tonight but its a local Coverband so no real excitement there.
So that is the other side of the coin I earn. whoohoo. I am asked all the time the usual questions about 'groupies' and drugs/partying/general mythology of Road life. I can tell you that those that are serious are VERY NORMAL PEOPLE and highly intelligent and talented: usually rather quiet and reserved. The Stories come from the sidelines and are typically overblown out of proportion. Thats not to say that there aren't some 'interesting' things that happen behind the scenes: they tend to be nothing that you wouldn't see in 'normal' life though. Yes the Secretary may be blowing the Boss who is married and his wife is doing the pool guy and the pool guy is married to his first cousin etc etc etc. Its all the same in whatever context you want to put it into.

With that aired out I am going to lay back and enjoy the rest of this Fine afternoon and I will be back on the political scene and Job hunting Just as soon as I wake up on Sunday.

No comments: