Thursday, June 25, 2009

Range report for Today.

We had an easy day and knocked off by noonish. Good thing too as the heat was rather oppressive today and when you are working in an old house that doesn't have ANYTHING like electric or A.C. , you sweat, a lot,
I figured with the heat and the threat of Thunderstorms in the area I would risk heading to the range to try out the new(to me) M-38. I took 40 rounds and a pack of 12" targets with me. I grudgingly left the SKS home.(I do like shooting that rifle but ammo isn't as cheap as it used to be)

Long story short, This rifle is what I was expecting the M-44 to be. Here are the results.
I shot 10 rounds at 100 yds. 5 prone, 5 off-hand.
Now I am a happy camper.
And for those in the know of the area; Yes I drove 50 miles one way to shoot 10 rounds. Only one more reason I really want out of this area and back in the hills of So. Kentucky.

2 comments:

Bitmap said...

Looks like good shooting to me with the offhand rounds in there!!

Diogenes said...

Thanks Bitmap. Sometimes its the shooter and sometimes its the rifle. This rifle will definitely be my Go to rifle for hunting seasons.