Wednesday, July 29, 2009

slow posts

Sorry for the slow posting. Been trying to get two buildings up to code for occupation by the end of the month. Good points: No injuries, no more break-ins.

Bad points: The fools on the hill in D.C. are still up to their shenanigans. Luckily the Health reform bill seemed to hit a stall this past week though we will see how that progresses. I know that The Hermit is iffy on that deal and I can understand how his experiences dictate that this isn't as bad of a thing as the rest of us make it out to be. I do agree that there needs to be some type of reform in the health care system. I just don't want the government being in charge of it since they have totally butchered the Medicare/Medicaid system. As it stands I don't have insurance and I never have any issues going to see my Doctor. I spend less on an office visit than when I had insurance. It is strictly a cash basis but without the overhead of trying to get paid from the insurance companies he is able to do things "at cost" The most expensive thing I have had to deal with was an X-ray for my hand when I smashed a finger and broke the tip loose. Granted if something serious were to happen I would have to fall back on the system to help me but knowing that is my only option I tend to be quite careful of what I am willing to get into. Sadly though if this bill passes my Doctor is going to retire early as he knows that he won't be able to work within the system for his patients; most of whom are geriatrics(though not all ;) )

Other bad points though I am not sure its 'new': The media is reporting more and more violent crimes like abductions and home invasions. I haven't researched to see if these are on the climb or if this is just sensationalism on the medias part. It does make for a better argument for getting guns if you don't already own them though. Key thing to remember though if you fall in with the 'new' catagory. Owning one isn't enough. Learn all you can about the weapon and yourself. Find someone to give you some training in the use of one as a defense. Being able to put holes in paper isn't enough.

No comments: