Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday Musing

Its sunday, no talk radio for 48 hours to blur my mind, and I have been avoiding the web for the most part other than for basic functioning(bills and comicstrips)
I wanted to clear my head of any extraneous thoughts before I posted today.

I have been thinking more and more of the house I want to build and how I want certain aspects of it to come together for when/if I decide to go completely off grid(or if I am forced off grid by outside circumstances.) I know that this is going to happen and the one thing that keeps holding me back on a final decision is my daughter. Not sure where she is headed in life and I will end up making a choice that includes her in the plan whether or not that will be a reality.

Onward with my thoughts. I am rather vocal to our representatives on the hill and I know many others that are also. I am rather vocal on certain forums on the webs and I frequent several sites that may or may not be tagged by the FedGov for a watch list. As it stands I don't know if they are watching my actions or not and I am actually getting to a point where I find I couldn't care less if they did or didn't. I can't worry about the possibility of them showing up on my doorstep in the middle of the night(though I would imagine that I am quite far down on the list for that action.). If I were to worry about those things I would probably freeze up and then be non-functional to any good cause.

The point is, the PTB are doing some of our work for us. They are continueing a race against the clock to pass insane legislature and more and more people are saying " Hey, hold on, you said we were supposed to get a chance to read this stuff and now we find out that half of you jerks aren't reading it yourselves. How is it that you are representing us?"
Its hard to say if this is growing fast enough to put the brakes on this administrations abuses. Its hard to say if its growing fast enough to make a difference come 2010 elections. I would like to say yes but then I am quite jaded in my thinking that we have lost any hope of retaining our countries principles let alone regaining the ones that we have previously lost.

I then start to think that a little cabin in the hills of southern KY is just right and then I am back on trying to decide on housing plans. LOL its a bit of spiral right now. Still the thought is comforting to me and THAT means a lot in trying times like these.

Personal note. Still (technically) unemployeed, still working under the radar on trying to correct our nations ways and still shooting on any given sunday. No news other than the fact that I am still here and still kicking which in its own way is good news to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't go off grid if you can help it. It's possible to set up your own power system but it costs a hell of a lot of money, requires a lot of work to keep it running, and things like the deep cycle batteries have a finite life span. Better to have a line run out there and have a secondary system like a good generator and a transfer switch for the times the power goes out.

As for the Federales listening in on your conversations, I figure it's just how it is. If you don't communicate for fear of them, and a lot of people don't, then they win right off the bat.

Diogenes said...

"As for the Federales listening in on your conversations, I figure it's just how it is. If you don't communicate for fear of them, and a lot of people don't, then they win right off the bat."
That is pretty much where I am at with those thoughts. Silence is golden to those that wish for more power. Even though I may not have a lot weight in the blogosphere I am saying my peace and that may be enough to tip the tide when things start to get heavy.