Friday, July 31, 2009

What does Diogenes do when he has a day off?

I took today off work so that I could get my attitude in check. Its been a rather chaotic week and I Really needed an attitude adjustment.
I really took advantage of it and I even turned off the talk radio for the day. I spent most of the day doing what you are supposed to do when you take it off.


NOTHING.

I surfed the net a couple of times intentionally avoiding certain sites (the same way I avoided the talk radio) I did visit a couple of sites that cater to Military surplus firearms. Nothing major.

Eventually I broke out the firearms and went through fry fire exercises. I realized that the 91/59 had developed a little bit of a burr so I went in and polished that up a bit. Much nicer. The Breech lugs on the Mosin are its worst part. I was watching some Youtube videos the other night and noticed more than a few people struggling with the bolt on theirs. I hadn't had a problem with that and I don't want it to start. Mine has been smooth enough that I can operate the bolt without coming up off the cheekweld. I know that jams are sometimes caused by cartridges jamming in the breech but I can see a burr on the lugs doing the same thing.

SO, with nothing pressing to do and just noodling about I managed to put some polish on the drawings for my house. I was able to lay out the truss system for the roof and adjust the materials list accordingly.

And yes, my attitude has definitely improved today. I was able to spend a couple of hours with my daughter without the grandbaby distracting me(I am such a sucker for baby smiles and giggles.) so all in all a pretty daggum good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is not always fun is it. I get to feeling the way you felt sometimes. This weekend I did a little overnight trip just to get away. Glad things are feeling better.

Diogenes said...

I notice that you were away. lol Funny how that works though. Yes I am feeling much better and was able to get a couple of things out of the way that had been 'blocking' forward movement, so to speak.

I hope that you are feeling better. Hope it was the kids you went to see.(or like me just head into the hills to have some peace and quiet(though I would imagine that you get plenty of that where you are)