Thursday, July 23, 2009

A turning point of sorts.

I wrapped up my Lead Abatement training today. One thing I can honestly say having been through the class and having a patriots view on things.
Leviathan really has her hooks in so many different aspects of our life I feel that THIS video isn't off target at all.

We were basicly indoctrinated in how the Federal Government expects us to take care of dealing with buildings that have Lead based paint and how to take care of them to bring them under dangerous levels. Granted this is a problem that in many instances truly needs cleaned up since lead can build in a persons system and do catastrophic damage to Fetus' and developing children.
The prices for doing this abatement are enormous though. In many instances far more than the dwelling in question is worth. There are ways to take care of the problem that are safer, cheaper, and more effective out there but the EPA, OSHA, and HUD all have a say in how this is to be dealt with. The requirements really raise the costs to a point where burning the house down is probably the way to go. There will be lead fumes for one evening but the long term financial side of it would dictate that the money spent on abatement would make one hella down payment on a new structure.

One other aspect of this class really brought to light how far down the tubes this country has fallen. One person(for lack of a better word he will now be called "leech") really managed to get me riled. The whole time that we were going through this class he was trying to figure out how to soak the system for money not earned. Leech discovered that a person receiving more than a certain amount of lead will be "removed" at orders from a medical doctor and that the company has to pay that persons salary as long as his lead/blood levels remain above a certain point. He also found out that if a person working in lead removal work site has kids and the kids are found to have elevated lead/blood levels that the company has to provide anything that these children may need due to the lead poisoning FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.
Leech was ecstatic! He couldn't let it go for the four days we were in class. He spent the entire time trying to figure out how to sacrifice his kids to get further along on the taxpayers and the corporations. Of course he wasn't worried about their true welfare. That is for us the taxpayer to deal with: that's why they call it welfare right?
Least to say every time this LEECH opened his gullet I resisted putting a fist down it. Luckily I can't see this guy passing the licensing test since he was struggling so hard on the course test today. For his kids sake I hope he fails miserably in his endeavors to sacrifice them for his good. Yet these are the people that have voted in our current circus performers. These are the same people that think we NEED a nationalized banking system, nationalized car manufacturers, Universal health care(it really only needs to have some new regs( get rid of the HMO's), not government control. Fine me for not having insurance will you? I think not). These are the same people that haven't worked a day in their lives and yet drive better cars than those that are struggling to make ends meet and work 40+ hours a week.

I can only hope that those in power fail miserably at their agendas. If they don't we will be in the same shape that the USSR was in during the 1960's and early 70's. Those people that voted for this will be realizing that there is something worse than being poor. Much worse.

In the meantime of this course, I managed to pencil together a floor plan of the house that I wish to build. I have managed to put together a list of materials for it (at least to the point of move in and I will work on the details then. IE paint color of walls and other stuff.) With the septic system and new appliances I have a tentative estimate for $12000.00 apx. This actually gives me some cushion to boot. This is also me doing the lions share of the work (along with family that are in the area but I am not counting on them. I know that I can but I want to plan as if they were only 'sometimes' available. Plan for the worst and hope for the best, right?) I really want to make this move and get near people that understand TANSTAAFL even if they don't know the term. There is most definitely a terminal case of intestinal parasites living on the bowels of the city I currently reside in.

I only hope that this doesn't represent my future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a lot of stress going on. I hope things settle down. The world is full of peckerwoods like leech. The schools teach people to be that way, even if the rest of the government didn't encourage it.