Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Buzzzzzzz!!!!! Crash Boom!!!!!!!

That is the sound that I have been subjecting myself too this week. So far, there are 6 loads of White and Red oak(mostly Red) and several smaller trees called sourwood.(looks like an oak to me but I am just a dumb city boy).

At this point its more just clearing out the area where the house will be built and the area where I will be putting the drive. The woods aren't as dense here but that doesn't mean that they aren't thick. LOTS OF TREES! I figure that I will have at least my first season of firewood well seasoned by the time I actually start using the stove to heat the place. Seeing how the stack is growing though, it may well be my first two winters.

I am still in the market for that RV, I haven't given up on the idea. I just have a bit more time right now to get some of the grunt work done so I am taking advantage of it.

And believe me, busting down trees is a whole lot more satisfying than watching the mud slinging ads or listening to them on the radio. Not quite as satisfying as shooting but more of primal feeling when you feel that "whuMP!" as the tree hits the ground. Soon I will be able to bring up the backhoe and start removing the stumps and digging where the foundation will be. Looking at about $4000.00 for all of the concrete needed for a a basement and about another $1500 for the gravel base for that and the drive. Big expenses but I figure I should have it together by spring time. Timing is everything in this case and springtime will be optimal to start that little project. I don't want to be pouring crete in the cold of winter.

Nothing new on the frontlines of politics. Other than the usual mudslinging season. More of the same old, same old. The only interesting quip I have heard was from my dad. "As much crap as these a$$holes dig up on each other, ain't none of 'em worth two squirts of diarrhea."

I lost that mouthful of coffee. Luckily it wasn't through my nose.

1 comment:

Mayberry said...

And Blogger ate yet ANOTHER comment! One of these days I'll learn to copy before I hit "publish".... Anyhoo, time in the woods is always better spent than watching the political circus. And that quote was funny as hell!