Thursday, October 7, 2010

Timing is everything.

Ever notice that there are times where somethings are more readily available than other times. Like the growing season of fruits or veggies tend to make them cheaper at some times of the year than others?

Well, I am finding the same thing for RV's. Now is the time to grab one up if you are so inclined. Far more people are finding that storing one is a bit of an investment. These tend to be single season owners but there are also those that are finding that the funds for 'that toy' are really not there and storage fees are something that needs to be allocated or the toy has to go.

I will have more info about the 'toy' I am looking at soon. Gonna make my life much simpler. And I am not even gonna worry about registration as the danged thing is gonna sit on my property. IF There comes a day when I need to move it, chances are, the law is going to be in such a shape that I won't need to worry about proper tags. I will be watching my 6 for the Zombie hoard more.


Of course, I am a deluded conspiracy nut so you can completely ignore any of the above if you think I am full of crap. Besides, I don't really care any longer what others think if they think I am off my rocker. Consider that your solipsist comment of the day. LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing about parking these trailers and RVs - do your research on how you will store on your property BEFORE you buy it. Consider the space needed to drive it to your shelter (if one will be used), taking into consideration trees, powerlines, underground sewer lines which may be damaged when unit crosses them.

Also consider 'varmintproofing' the bottoms to prevent infestation, as well as lifting tires off of grade to prevent tire damage. A tire cover may also be warranted, depending on the storage facility. Sure be embarassing to attempt to bug out, finding out that dry rot has done a number on the tires.

If you already own the property this unit will be relocated too, having a pole barn or shelter which will protect it from weather conditions might be a good idea too. Even an aluminum carport too add an outdoor room / summer kitchen area would help your move.

Ryan said...

Good luck with the travel trailer/ RV. Lived in one for awhile and while it had it's issues I sort of look at those times happily. Plan to purchase a travel trailer for camping and GOOD in the next 3 years or so.

Diogenes said...

Having 'lived' in a Prevost for a few years while touring, I am familiar with some of the issues. Granted there will be more issues since I will be purchasing used and I won't be going for that half million dollar mobile home that a Prevost represents.

Even so, its a convenience that I am looking forward to. There will be a full sized carport built around it for the weather factors, and to duplicate a porch for the interim until the house is built. Either way, its going to be much better having my own roof over my head again.