Saturday, September 12, 2009

Completely amazed.

As much as people rag on GM about mismanagement and whatnot I have to say that they used to put out some pretty damned good products.


This is subjective to argument of course.

Still I am thoroughly amazed at the strength of my little truck. The only issues I had in towing this vehicle were in moving it out of the spot I had originally taken it to. Wet grass will do that when you are set up with street tires. Once I had her on the road though there wasn't a single hill or stop that I had issues with. Getting the Tahoe backed into the space was challenging but even there my little truck did it without any hiccups. Smoked the tires a couple of times but then I was trying to push a vehicle that has 1000 pounds on my truck and its tires kept twisting up in the wrong direction while going in reverse. At one point I did something that I have never done in this truck before. I know that the vacuum system to the 4X4 package is disconnected so I went ahead and put it in 4LO (which is actually 2LO since it won't engage the front axle) WOW!! Talk about torque! Woof! This little truck could pull a house if it could get the traction to hold the tires down. (key note: this truck also has nearly 200,000 miles on the odometer.)


Political Front report from what I was able to catch. 9-12 March on D.C. One of the promoters of the event stated while on stage that the estimate for the event was 1.5 million people. I know that I saw a literal sea of people from the steps of Congress all the way back to the Washington Monument. So many Gadsden flags and American flags waving. The sight was inspiring.

Wondering now when the PTB will react. Chances are they will do their best to ignore this. I know the report that I saw on CNN was pretty well downplayed. At least they managed to state that this isn't a Republican thing. They made it clear that many in the crowd are mad at both sides and only want the government to back up and hold to their oaths.

I will post more as I hear about it. Still wish I could have been there. Too many obligations and so little time.

No comments: