Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Flustered with ignorance.

The last couple of days have been interesting to me and frustrating as well. On Irate Nation there is a new member that is a liberal(I think that he is on the wrong forum but I am willing to debate subjects so no biggie). What is frustrating is the lack of resolve from Liberals. They harp so loudly about the abuses and 'fairness' but when someone confronts them with facts, they flee. Its exasperating to me.

That wasn't what this post is about though it definitely set the stage for what happened today. I was at work and our plumbers were on site working out details of a particular project that they are working on. Somehow (like the pistol butt sticking out of my waistband) the subject turned to rights, the law, and history(all rolled up into one the way I like them). Sadly though I found myself confronted by a racial bias (on their part, and I can't say its all wrong though they wouldn't hear my side of the coin) that just left me holding the bag as they walked away. Apparently they feel that for every law on the books there is one for the whites and one for the blacks. How do you approach this without looking like a fool or alienating the other party? By their logic they feel justified in the whole 'racial profiling' argument. And without actually having the time to use facts, I was left standing there trying get an answer to a question about WHY they think that way.

I know that IF they would take the time to learn more about how things really work instead of just assuming that what they have been taught is the gospel of truth, they would not be so quick to condemn. But then that's really the issue isn't it: Education? Or lack of proper education more like. At one point in my life I wanted to teach; circumstances dictated that I take a different route but even to this day I find I still want to teach. BUT, there isn't anyway I would be able to teach in our societal institutions with the discipline restrictions the way they are. I wouldn't tolerate the outbursts from today's kids the way the teachers have to now. Some young punk would get the paddle and I would be in jail for assault if some kid mouthed off to me the way I hear them mouthing off now. (In my days in school we would have taken home a sore ass only to get even more from the parents.)

This country is on the ropes with the way the liberals have made it with all of the little regulations and controls they have put in place. The Conservatives are equally at fault for falling asleep at the helm. There is so much that needs to be done to fix the issues at hand that I get flustered thinking about it. We need to fix the government by reducing its size and influence. We need to fix the economy by doing away with the Federal Reserve. We need to fix the education system by getting the Government out of the schools and allowing the teachers the flexibility to discipline again.(and make it so that the schools are in competition by showing RESULTS!) We need to be AWARE again and not let things slip so badly.

I see signs of hope. Saturday's showing in D.C. really gave me hope(probably why I opened up to the conversation today) but there is still A LOT of work to be done and even now things still look bleak. I worry that we are on the verge of a third revolution in this country and this time it will break us. The divide between the Conservatives and the Progressives is pretty substantial(I hate using monkeyspheres here but thats the only way to really show how rough things are.) I am not sure that we are going to be able to hold the center with the what I see coming. And there are many that other countries that would be more than willing to see us fall(and may help the process anyway they can.)

Time will tell.

I just worry what the future holds for my Kid and my Granbehbie. My time left is short enough that I don't fight for me but for them. I only hope that its not too late.

Then I turn around and see this and have to laugh. Most days I am envious of his bliss. But I think about it and am glad that I am not a 'pet' to someone or something.

No comments: