Friday, August 27, 2010

And back to Reality.

I know I said I was going to fix those posts in the AM. Just to let ya know, I had a damned good excuse. It's called, Potato harvest.









How's 35 bushels of Taters sound to you all?(this is only part of them. the rest are spread out amongst the family that helped)

Never harvested potatoes before and it was a learning experience. I think we may have lost about a third to the fact that the tractor didn't have a spud rake(or whatever those things are called). We were using a furrow plow and it worked to some extent. Things improved once we convinced Larry to not cut so danged deep and to speed up. These roots nearly jumped out of the ground then.

Anywho, I did that deed, fulfilled as best as possible fixing my broken posts, and now, ITS BEER THIRTY.

4 comments:

Mayberry said...

Sweet! Tipping my cold one at ya Dio.

Phil said...

Hey, ya done good.
I wish I had that problem.

Busted

Survival Chic said...

Outstanding pics and articles..

There are more and more little "really how to" articles popping up and it is great shared experience to read them. I have an orchard... and one of your earlier posts was correct... you do what you can... and THAT does make a difference...

Anonymous said...

Nice. My tater harvest was down a bit this yearbut still darn good. Can't beat homegrown garden stuff. So much better tasting and good for ya.