Tuesday, August 10, 2010

sumpin a lil difnt.

I have been posting about the land and the experience of building my gulch lately; very little about the politics and Elitist in the District of Criminals. I felt that there are some readers of this blog(you know who you are, the ones with the blocked IP's in Arlington and Roanoke) that could use some insight as to why I have forgone the political diatribe.

Before I start that though, I would like to cheer Barry and Michelle on with their current exploits. Keep it up guys, I am really liking seeing the 4th estate depicting you as the Aristocracy of the French Elite of the 1700's. Feel free to rape our country of as much value as you can on your endless vacations and globe trotting. Each penny you spend is adding another inch to the noose that will hang you and every other Power grabbing ass-wipe in DC.

Now, where was I? Ah, Why I 'Don't give a shit' any longer.

Mayberry will know where this comes from, as will others upon reading it. I will illiterate a bit though as it is really just an extension of my previous beliefs.

GOVERNMENT IS THE ENEMY OF FREEDOM.
As a freedom loving person of the species Homo Sapien, I have certain NEEDS. These tend to be common ground among others of the same species. These needs are fairly basic. Food, Shelter, Companionship. As an individual of a species(any species) My goals are to improve my position in life so that I can breed. To continue my line within the species. This is as simple as it gets. What a person in the H.S. species does to improve that position has been in transition since time out of mind. Originally in the Time of Og and Ugh, it was who could get more rabbits and wood. Now, its whom can gather the most wampum.(or so society would like you to believe.) The premise is still the same. Improve your position in life, attract a mate, and Breed. The better you are at that, the more likely your line in the species will come to expand, possibly even dominate. (if anyone would like to argue that; Explain why Sex sells so well in our society. Think about it.)

Keep that in mind for the rest of this.

Self defense is covered under the 2nd Amendment. It isn't directly called that since it was written in a time when EVERY SINGLE PERSON WITH A BRAIN understood the concept of a polite society.('step on my toes and I will kill you' kind of thing) See, there was a time when if your neighbor wanted your food, he could ask for it, trade for it or steal it.(Nothing has really changed has it?) You could give it to him, barter with him, or, if in the last case: Collect his hide in exchange. It wasn't until we started getting into groups larger than Family or Tribe that things started getting sticky. That's where Religion and Government started rearing their ugly heads.
Some will argue that Government is a necessity. Keep on believing that. The police were originally set up to keep on eye on the cave/hut/corral so that the others could go work the fields.(it may go even further back than that with the original 'fire-watch') The police weren't there to enforce the law; they were there "to serve and protect". (remember those words on the police cars? Ever see them anymore?)(if you do, what are they serving?(tickets and subpoena's) or protecting?(the elected elite))
Well, with the growth of Government, came taxes(with religion came tithes). In every instance of Massive Government Growth came larger and larger taxes. NO EXCEPTIONS. The monkeys wish to be taken care of and give willingly.

Facts are, Taxes are legalized theft, Theft is an assault, assault is an act of war, and since the early part of the last century, our Government has been at war with its own people. Billy Beck said it best with " At the bottom of every stack of paperwork in the Govt. is a loaded .45"
If that last paragraph labels me as "domestic terrorist", well, I have been called worse by better people than our elected.

I could go on and on about Government being the enemy. There are so many ways that it has encroached upon us and made life nearly impossible for those with hidden wings. I won't go there though. I have found my gulch, Extremely little red-tape to deal with to build(septic system only) and near people of similar mind about freedom.
Now if only I could convince my Dad that SMALL is better.(he so wants me to build a McMansion on that spot. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!)

4 comments:

Mayberry said...

Unless Dad is financing, I say build what ya damn well please! Good post Dio, all true.

Diogenes said...

LOL I am doing all of this on my own. My dad is going to/will get over the fact that all I want is a shack in the woods.(and the big workshop etc etc)
A 20*20 house is plenty big enough for lil ol me. Add in the basement and it will be a veritable palace in my eyes. Until its built, the single life for me(self-inflicted) and little to no splurging.
And it will be worth EVERY sacrifice I am making. Keep that in mind Mr IRS when you come climbing up my hill, looking to collect something you didn't earn. I may not bite, but my dogs do, and I do shoot back.

John B said...

My needs to start with is a 8X12 cabin. My dad thinks I need at least 1000 square feet. I have two replies, "If you intend to dust and clean that much space, fine! your choice." AND

"Are you saying I'm fat?"

Diogenes said...

John, Great answers all. Love the cleaning and dusting part, that really gets 'em. When I had my small studio styled apartment in Cincy, keeping it cleaned was a breeze. If I slipped even one day it looked like a whirlwind had annihilated the place.

Yup, a little shack in the woods is enough. My workspace will be bigger, not by desire, but necessity. Yet that is much simpler to accommodate than a house. I won't need the insulation or plumbing that is needed within a home.