Sunday, July 24, 2011

Are you still carrying her?

There were two Buddhist monks walking along a path towards a shrine; one a master the other a student. They came to swollen stream and met a beautiful woman traveling, unable to cross the stream. Without thinking about it, the master picked the woman up in his arms and carried her to the other side.
For miles they traveled, the student becoming more and more agitated as time went by.
Finally, he blurted out "I can't believe a great master of the art would break such modesty by touching a beautiful woman so casually."
To which the master replies " I set her down at the stream; Are you still carrying her?"

I had a visitor on my site yesterday. Not a new one but I believe this is the first time he actually commented. Either way. Peter, You're right; we have our differences, we are individuals, it can't be helped. The reason am posting directly instead of in my comments is I want everyone to see this. I don't know if you are what I have claimed in other posts and comments on other sites. I don't KNOW if you are playing "Jenkins" as an alter-ego or what not. I have had my reasons to believe so, but that is all water under the bridge and to be honest, I don't give a damn anymore. If you are, that's your business. If you aren't, My Apologies for the accusations. I am setting this down now and don't want it to go any further.

There is so much going on in the world and I see so many different manifestations of it happening in people all around me. As I posted yesterday, something is building. Because of that tension, I am trying to keep as much of my world on a neutral heading as possible. Gonna have to have the ability to roll with the wind when it blows. It also means, holding zero grudges. There will be a time and a place for grudges, now is not it.
When I first started blogging, there was a tension. NOW, there is quite a bit more and in more areas. It is not all political either. What ever is coming is going to happen just like the slipping of tectonic plates: Sudden with a huge, quick release of energy. That energy could be harnessed by the right people to do good, or ill. It really all depends upon how steadfast certain persons are when things are all going wrong. It also depends on those that are trying (and succeeding) to building that pressure. There is definitely the hand of man in this buildup. As they say, don't let a crisis go to waste. Sometimes, what is not said is more important that what IS said. They never mentioned WHAT crisis nor did they mention if they were trying to create one. Well, there is one coming and they will be ready for it, no matter how 'ineffective' they appear.


I will be in Cincy for a couple of days visiting the brood. I may post while there, or not, dunno. I need some granbehbie time to cheer me up. (and she is word spilling now so it should be noisy and fun. LOL)

2 comments:

Peter said...

I'm not sure I merit my own post, but thank you for doing so.

I have my own blog, titled "See Emily Play". My go-to rifle is a sporterized No4 Enfield (named Emily) that I've set up to look like any old hunting rifle, and with the exception of the bayonet mount, is still a fully functional Main Battle Rifle. "See Emily Play" is an old (pre-David Gilmour) Pink Ployd single, so there's the explanation for the blog name.

My argument with Bill Nye isn't his issue with Mike Vanderboegh, it's his way of expressing that. One can strongly disagree with someone without being a jerk about it, and what I've tried to do is to point out Bill's 'jerkiness'. I have my own reservations about Mike, starting with his assertion that he's an "alleged" leader (etc). I know a weasel word when I see it and so does Bill and a lot of other folks.
I visit Bill's site at least once a day, and from there I come here to read what you've written because you all have valuble stuff to say. I don't have unlimited time to play on the computer so if you/Bill/Craig/et. al. weren't worth the time, I wouldn't bother.

I'm *not* Mr. Jerkins (see what I did there? heh), I've never used the term 'faketriot', nor do I think that what you/Bill/etc is doing is bad. My one and only point with Bill is that when he goes off the deep end and calls MBV 'che' and quotes Martin Lindstedt to bolster his position, he devalues an important argument.

May God bless you and may you keep your family close and your guns closer. We're in for a rough ride and to quote Ben Franklin, if we don't hang together, we will surely hang separately.

And if Bill hadn't censored, um, *moderated* my comments, you'd already know this.

Peter said...

Part 2:

After I hit the Submit button, I realized I left out another point, and that is Bill and Sam Kerodin's dismissal of MBV's Gunwalkier thing as a "Sparklie". It may come to nothing, but using OPFOR's own rules against them (and doing so as publically as possible) is a good thing. When the balloon goes up, they're going to do the 'right wing extremist' smear on us, and having the proof of their own misdeeds made public will help us.

It's important to be aware of what is in front of you, and I assert that it's equally important to plan several steps ahead. Remember that they will attack us individually and it's vital that those of us who are further down the list be able to point out OPFOR's feet of clay while they're trying to claim the high ground.