Friday, July 15, 2011

Noise, chips, and a hole

Nothing to add to the fray of distraction called "debt ceiling" other than the fact that Timmy G-boy will get his new credit card, The Critters on the hill will then vote themselves another raise, and of course that check that Grandma gets will only by 2 loaves of bread instead of three like last month, , , ,

Yeah, not much to add to that.

SO to lighten the mood, hot flying metal for y'all to enjoy.

Here is the first pass on the block. I have only cut .005" and you can see that I don't have much more to bring the surface to true. WOOT!, I did good. LOL


And here, after about 2 hours of meticulous and tedious 'back n forth' with the traversing screw, I have a hole bored out to 1.850". (I don't have a powered TS on my lathe, all hand crank.) To say my boring bar is a little peeved at me would be an understatement. (its not meant for holes of this size and chirped a squawked the whole time. )



Still a lot to go and as I mentioned yesterday, several more pieces to cast. (and patterns to make for said casting. All of which hinged upon my getting this far.)

Moving forward, which is far better than I can say about other things. Best to let that lie for now. Far to close to a blow up if I dwell on it right now.(guess I do still care some, eh?)

2 comments:

Spud said...

Remaining silent is sooo much more difficult...

Diogenes said...

Dunno ' bout that. So few comments I was wondering if anyone even read this post. Seems to me that many are. Eing real good at staying silent right now.