Sunday, December 13, 2009

apologies on the lack of posts.

I am still on Death watch with my Sister at Hospice. Things aren't improving, then again, that's why we are at Hospice, not a regular hospital.

Between that, the Holiday season, taking care of pets in various parts of the city(we live about 12 miles apart) and trying to keep the other machinery of our lives working, I have been a rather busy boy.

Sadly the last of this years gun shows are this weekend and next. I don't see me making it to either one of them. C'est la Vie. Maybe I will be able to make the first couple of next year. That may be when the deals are out instead of just before Christmas. All I really need is ammo(can never have too much in my opinion) though I have a hankering to get a newer 1911. Of all the pistols I have owned or shot, I keep coming back to that brilliant piece of engineering. All of the bells and whistles that the others have and yet Browning got it right 100 years ago. I would be curious to see what that man could have came up with if he had access to all of the newer composite materials that we have now.
Probably a 1911.
Like me though, I want nothing fancy. Parkerized finish, standard parts, no flashy grips. I may go with ambidextrous safety but that is more for ease of use on my weak side than anything else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that the holiday season is like it is for you this year. I know that must be tough on you. Sounds to me like you are doing a good job of taking care of what needs to be taken care of.

Anonymous said...

Hey, how are things going?