Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Job: A Comedy of Justice

A comedy of Justice or just some higher power showing a sense of humor?(and that was the premise of the book)

I find it funny that my ex handed me that particular book when we first met as my 'introduction' to Heinlein. I became a voracious fan of him quite quickly even though this was one of my least favorite books by him.

Maybe that's because it hits too close to home in some ways. I am not whining here, but there comes a point where one only wants peace of mind. You can only handle disaster after disaster for so long before your soul starts to show scar tissue.

I guess thats why I want to build my house away from all of the drama of life and people and settle in. Nothing big, simple things to maintain, a small garden capable of supporting one or two people with enough livestock to accomplish the same. A small workshop for my creative side and somewhere to go shooting to keep my hand in the art of the gun.(never know when some others may want to take your peace away)

I won't go into details but I have found that alone, I have comfort. When I start interacting with others on a daily basis is when things start to get uncomfortable. Maybe I am the loner that I was labeled as in School. I know that I tend to work best when left to my own efforts. I can work as a team member but I have always been more effective solo than in a team effort. Granted there are times where everyone needs to interact as a group and I am capable of that; I just prefer to not have to deal with Politics and diplomacy in that situation.

My Ex gave me my wings by forcing my hand last year. I haven't used them yet and for that I am at fault. Its time to fly again.

More forthcoming as I figure out how to stretch these damned wings out and try to get some wind under them.

Addendum: I don't remember who this quote is from yet it sums up the above quite well.

The more I learn about people the more I like my dog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way, and so do my brothers, who both lead fairly isolated existences. On the other hand, having to do everything for yourself can kick your ass over time and especially if you are older. I do understand the sentiment you are expressing.

Weirdly enough the verification word is "gomen" which means "sorry" in Japanese.

Diogenes said...

I know that I will have issues with that later down the road and one reason I have chosen the area that I have. Its deep in the hills of southern KY but its where my dads family is from and there are many around there for those times when help is needed. At the same time they are of like mind about wanting to be left alone so they won't be intrusive.

I think a lot of my thoughts are due to what my BIL and sis are going through and the fact that there is so much family and friends in the mix right now. It doesn't change my thoughts any, only reinforces what I am feeling.

Anonymous said...

You said what a lot of people today are thinking.

Good luck and God Bless.