Monday, November 30, 2009

OhMyGod! Can it get any more interesting?

As I posted earlier, I have been helping my sister through a rough spot in her life as her husband is in Hospice now. Its been a rather stressful weekend to start. Now here it is Sunday night, I am getting ready to jump in the shower when my door buzzer starts going nuts.

A guy from the neighborhood is buzzing everybody in my building, letting us know that the abandoned building next to us is on fire. I quickly get dressed and run out to see how far along it is(minus shoes and a jacket like a dimwit. In such a rush I even left my swiss army knife and my wallet) About that time, the firetrucks arrive and I am cut off from my place completely.

Cincinnati Fire Department is quite capable of their jobs, I will say that. They managed to take that fire down to a smoulder in less than an hour. It was a bit exasperating to me that once the fire was under control that I wasn't allowed to get back to my place for another hour and a half, Then I was told I was allowed to run in and get basics (jacket and shoes so they said) and get out as they were planning on doing a demo of the vacant building to keep it from coming down on the other houses. I understand that they were looking out for our safety but Seeing as I was being put out on the street for the night, it was a bit much to ask me to only grab 'basics'. Least to say, the look on the Firechiefs face as I walked by him with ammo cans, Rifle cases, and a Bugout Bag, was classic. I mumbled 'just the basics' as I walked by him in the most serious voice I could muster. (which was actually quite hard as I was choking back laughter as it looked like he had swallowed his own gonads)

I would like to think that the coming days will settle down some.

I know that when I go home tomorrow, I am going to have one VERY ticked off cat to deal with too. He was out and about when all of this went down and the couple of times I saw him trying to get to the house he looked quite ticked off. LOL Poor cat hadn't a clue that his world could get that interesting that quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would not be good at all. Seems like it's one damn thing after another these days.

Diogenes said...

Just a little bit. We do what we can when we must. Other than that you enjoy what you have and smile when it gets 'funky'.

I Used to thrive on stressful situations, now I just want to relax and not have to worry to much.

You would think I know better though.