Monday, November 2, 2009

An argument AGAINST universal Healthcare.

I recieved the call last night around 2 A.M.

" This had better be good." (me)
" How about I am vomiting blood,, Good enough?" (daughter)
" On my way" (me) Click.

I get there, little argument about going to the E.R. but she concedes and leaves, leaving me to sit the Dog and Granbehbie.

She doesn't have insurance so she went the University Hospital E.R. here locally.

Bill out the door. $0 $8 parking.

They couldn't find anything though. Granted she has ulcers and I personally think one flared up on her but I am not a doctor. Still for not being insured, she was covered.

And The FEDGOV wants to take over even more control of a system that really needs to be less controlled. I have heard the arguments of lower costs, but that fails when you show that the reason the costs are so high is because of Federal mandates on services. The reason there are drugs available overseas for Cancer that aren't available here is because of Federal Mandate( the FDA specifically) There are more arguments that can go around but the fact is, THE SYSTEM WORKS even with all of the crap that they throw at it. NOW they are trying to take the private sector out of the equation all together(and they will see a sharp decline in Doctors in the process) leaving people like my daughter, my dad, heck, myself; Screwed.

They say that everyone has a line in the sand. This one is mine. A couple of reasons for that. There is a stipulation in the bill for an ID system. This isn't the National ID that has been proposed in the past but its so close as to be its twin. There are many aspects of that, that leave me speechless. The most important being the image of SS asking "Papers, please" in the old war films. Not really keen on that becoming possible here(though we really aren't that far from it with our Drivers License's) The other is the proposal that they can find me 'unfit' for gun ownership through a board of "elected officials". These people won't be doctors and WILL work for the Government. Think they won't have a bias against people that are opinionated AND armed?

There are other proposals coming down the pike like Cap and Trade, Illegal immigrant Amnesty, and the Value Added Tax. Every single one of these proposals cedes a little more state power to the FedGov. Each one opens up even more loopholes allowing more trepidations on "We the People". Each one also calls for more taxes from those that actually pay taxes, to be distributed to those 'in need'. Not sure about where you live but here where I live, those in need aren't seeing it and the ones that are haven't a clue how to use it properly. I don't know how many times a week a see some welfare case buying junk food at the convenience store on the food stamp program card. I don't know how many of them have video consoles in their houses but I know of more than a few that have Video consoles in their SUV's.(gas guzzling monsters with High dollar rims. And these people are on WELFARE????)

I guess I am trying to alliterate that there is a growing rift in this country.(like this isn't touched upon daily by the Conservative broadcasters) The rift isn't about the Have's and Have-not's anymore. Its about the Producers and the Users. Go ahead progressives: Tax the hell out of the Producers. If they have the means they will leave for better climes elsewhere in the world(like most of our manufacturing has already) If not, they will give up eventually and either go Galt, or go on the dole. I am already making my plans to go Galt. I can't swallow my pride enough to 'give up'.

No matter what, if the Progressives continue making headway, there will be trouble in this country. When and where, I haven't a clue. Sadly though its not a question of "IF" anymore. They will cross a line and someone will be there to push back. When that happens things will escalate VERY quickly.

OK I am done ranting for the night. GO VOTE TOMORROW if there are elections in your state.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have gone "Galt"

See ya