Thursday, November 12, 2009

Back in the Game.

I find it amazing that something so simple as a double shot of vodka mixed with some of my Dad's honey, a super hot shower and a good nights rest and I am back up and running today.

Don't have a clue what hit me but it wasn't good. I didn't have any cold symptoms at all. No sinus drainage, no phlegm in the lungs. Just PAIN.

Seriously, it felt like I had been in a knock down drag out the night before. I haven't felt like that since I was in a bar fight while in the Philippines.

Since I hadn't anything else to do, I took the SKS to the range today. I haven't had her out in several months and felt like having some fun. She is a blast to shoot. It far too easy to put a hundred rounds downrange with that rifle. I did get in some quality practice with my offhand position(standing for those that don't know). I don't care how good you are, that position is NOT easy. I was able to hit paper. That at this point is pretty good in my eyes. I need to get back out and start walking more, get back in some shape that I have slipped on. I may not be overweight but I am not in the greatest shape either. I noticed after a few rounds that my heartbeat was really making a difference in shot placement. My breathing was all off too. The good thing about using the SKS for this, I am familiar enough with her(like an extension of my arm) that I know its not the rifle: Any stray rounds are on me completely.

Well time to clean the old girl, get the smell of gunpowder out of my nose(even though I like that smell) and maybe take a walk. I may call the kid and have her go with too. She needs to get out more. (evil dad grin)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe you just got run down. You don't have to have a bug for that to happen. Worrying about things will do it, too.