Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1911 is home. Range next.



Funny thing about that too. I actually was put into Delay status on my NICS check. Rather floored all of us at the shop. I started Joking that Janet Napolitano was catching up to all of us 'bad boys'. I left and went to help my sister out and got the call that all was clear when I pulled into her driveway.

NOW.

Had some people asking what I picked up so here goes.

This link has many better picks than my cheap-o camera could take and it is of the same model. I am a cheap bastard in one sense so I carefully shop around. I had made plans to spend double what I did but after seeing this pistol and getting to play with it a bit, I was sold. We did a quick check of some of the parts while at the store and this unit is spot on to a Colt GI in measurements of things like the extractor,barrel bushing, and firing pin. Aftermarket parts won't be a problem like they would if I had bought a Taurus.

For $400 out the door, I have a Deluxe Model 1911 with several of the higher end bells and whistles. The Skeleton trigger that is adjustable, skeleton hammer, Walnut grips(not plastic or rubber like some) Several of the tuning tricks already done.(throated chamber, Beveled extractor, polished feedramp)

I am really itching to get to a range now. If I hadn't been delayed I would have already gone but having to make a return trip put too much time into today. It can wait till tomorrow. I will post about that then, but I think it will be a blast, pun intended.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a nice looking pistol and a great acquisition. I envy you. It's been some time since I bought a new gun.

Ryan said...

It looks pretty darn nice. The 1911 has great ergonomics and is a darn pleasant shooter. Good acquisition.

I haven't bought a new gun in 6 months. That is the longest break in between purchases I have had in some time. Tis OK though. I am taking care of some more pressing concerns and will pick up some ammo this year. Maybe next year I can get a new gun, here is hoping.

Diogenes said...

Ammo is most definitely next on the list. I need to restock some of what I have 'spent' lately and I haven't seen the supplies returning like I was hoping. That means that the prices are going to start going up even more. (in converse relation though. The drive for the EBR's has diminished some and the prices for those is starting to come down to reasonable again.)