Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tomorrow begins a new Business year.

and the Escalation of whatever those in charge have in store for this country. New laws are taking effect, Agendas are going to be ramped up(in the unlikely event they lose the November elections. They being the Democrats) and The People that make up the sleeping giant of Conservatism are and have been making plans for more "Tea Parties" and Assemblies throughout the year, to voice complaints to an Administration that has proven it isn't listening to us.

I Link to an article I read this morning for a better voice on my feelings.(Caution, F-bombs and caustic language ahead.) This isn't one of my daily reads, that changed today. Words are razors when properly used. We need more of these if we hope to retain what is being robbed from us and our children. We have been far too nice for far too long. Granted it is from our wishing to be left alone to live our lives, Being nice works when those around you are also. It works against you when those around you are out to rob you blind.

To wit. I carry a handgun to defend myself from those that would rob me blind in the street. What do I carry to keep those that are robbing me blind from 1500 miles away? A vote? That has turned into the biggest joke, in a very not funny way.
I sat down with a calculator, pay stubs, sales receipts and a bottle of vodka recently. I hadn't posted about that until now because what I came up with floored me. By the time its all said and done, I have been paying over 60% in taxes to a government I DIDN'T VOTE FOR. I vote but not one of my candidates made the cut. Recently I read somewhere that our votes are really nothing more than us giving consent. I am starting to see the validity of that claim. The system is a stacked deck of cards and they have the dealers position. Makes you wonder when, if, and how, this can be corrected.

I fear for the future of this country. I have less fear for myself knowing I will survive or die by my skills. I have less control, a lot less, of the future of my Granddaughter. I would like to see her growing up knowing the freedoms I took for granted while growing up. I just don't see that as possible with our current paths.

All Right, my rant is over for now. I would highly recommend reading the article in the link. I would also recommend watching the markets over the next week to see how wild of a ride we are in for. I predict that you will see a growth that is illusory. It will look good on the surface until you realize how many investors are making bank by bailing on American companies and taking their money overseas. Short term it will be a positive, once gone though, we never get it back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I get rolled every April by the tax man. This past year, I actually had to sell my interest in a small business because it was costing me more in taxes than I was getting to keep in my hand when all was said and done.

I don't know what anyone can do to really resist the rapaciousness of the government. I admire the tea party folks but I don't think the monolithic bureaucracy really pays any attention at all to what the common people do. As long as they can take your money out of your check before you get it, and they can take your house if you don't pay what they say "you owe" we are screwed.

Diogenes said...

And I don't think any one group has an answer to how to fix the system(short of an actual revolution, which opens up an entire different can of worms.)

I am doing what I can in minor civil disobedience. I won't post about all of it as I don't want 'incriminating evidence' against me. Still without massive tax rebellion, what can we do? Sell off what is being taxed, fall of the grid, stay mobile, all of which are so against our mindsets for the most part that you feel criminal right out of the box just trying.

I am getting over that now. Time to hit the road, pay as little as possible along the way and keep my chin up. Having the foundations you do, not really an option though.

Keep you chin up. WE are going to see changes in our lifetimes. What changes remains to be seen.