Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Like a daggum kid at Christmas.

Today I pick up my 1911 from the gunshop. I have been tossing and turning all night, just like when I was 9 and thought I was getting that BB gun.(which I did.)(no it wasn't a Red Rider though it was a Daisy)

Grrr, I know I need sleep but I am too wired up and anxious. I haven't owned a 1911 since I was in the Corps. I didn't own it then either but May as well have since it followed me from one post to the next for 4 years.

LMAO at myself. 41 and still excitable by little things.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Very nice, what kind did you get?

Shy Wolf said...

LOL, Diogenes... I've got 20+ on you and STILL get exited over a new toy- and a 1911 might just get me REALLY excited!
Gotta love it. Stay young.
Shy III

Diogenes said...

Thanks Shy, I don't think I will ever get old in my head. Its a family thing. Even my grandmother was dancing on barstools up to the last.

You have to laugh at life, but especially at yourself, otherwise it will kill you.(oops, it does that anyway. Oh well, go have fun and fugetaboutit.)

Anonymous said...

I'd feel the same way if I were picking up a new gun. I used to buy a lot of surplus rifles from wholesalers, and I'd track those UPS packages five times a day, at least.