Saturday, January 23, 2010

Insomnia and politics(the cracks are showing)

Hermit posted about a book he is reading about the fall of civilizations yesterday. During my random wanders of the internet, I ran into this article and some of what it discusses set my brain to thinking.(please note, I don't usually quote from this site as it is a paid subscription, I will link to the free articles though)

Maybe we are starting to see the cracks show of the failure of our civilization. I haven't any doubt that we are in dire straits. The real question is, What happens when Large societies fall? If my memory serves me correctly; typically there is a lull in any progress and more usually a few steps back towards more primitive times until there is the rise of a new society to replace the last.

Are we looking at that as a possibility here? There is most definitely a rift between the people and those in power of this country. There is a blatant disrespect of the laws of the land from those in power.(Rule of Man or Rule of Law. We have had this discussion on this continent once before and Law won out then. Will it again?) The rift is growing larger and larger and can be measured on a daily basis.

I am not criticizing any one particular Administration at this point as I personally feel the last 4 administrations have had a hand in this mess: we are seeing the cumulative effects. Yet knowing that our current president has the power of Launch codes when he is so glib with economic maneuvers like he has shown this week, literally scares the shit out of me.

Still, this isn't about just the U.S. Look across the pond at the growing nightmare in the U.E. and Great Britain. Things are going to pot at an ever increasing rate there also. The Religion of Peace *cough Gag* is growing into areas that 20 years ago it would have been hard pressed to even have hoped to attain. The confidence levels of factions in that Group is extremely high, in contrast to the confidence levels we have with our governments.

Throw in what I mentioned in a post recently about fractured and splintered personalities common amongst us,,,,

Makes me want to find a cave to crawl into somedays.

One thing gives me hope. The speed at which our generations are accustomed to moving at. Even if things start to fall apart I feel(pray really) that there are enough people of like mindset for conservative values, that we could turn the tide. Unfortunately there will have to be some form of collapse to start that process: there will need to be a vacuum to fill. Powerbase's NEVER willingly relinquish power: it has to be removed by force (or disease).

Now I am not promoting a 'revolution'. I am thinking that being prepared for one may be in order. Just as we have been preparing for troubles and systemic failures, I think we need to take into account that at some point that the PTB will try to force our compliance similar to the forced compliance of the Gulags, and ghettos that were seen in the late 30's and early 40's of the last century.

SO, with those thoughts pleasantly out in the open, I leave you with some music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the society in general is degenerate and starting to fragment. We have more in common with the Austro Hungarian Empire of 1914 today than we do with the America of the past. I don't know where it will end, but I do think the end is coming.

I like Backwoods Home, I've been reading it for years.

Diogenes said...

Lots of great information there. I tracked it down when I had found Clair Wolfe and her articles.

Austria/Hungary of the early 1900's? I can see that. They say history repeats itself. I say it has to because we didn't listen the first time (or second. or third)