Tuesday, January 5, 2010

China's Market just opened up

and the price of gold started climbing. Over $6 an ounce in less than 1 hour and it is still climbing.

What do they know that our press isn't telling us?

Side note, I am still up but I am heading to bed. Still antsy though. Snow is coming down pretty good and the streets around here are slicker than snot, but the 4 wheel drive on my truck is working perfectly. Yay me.


Will post more tomorrow. Have to pick up the 1911 then I am helping out at my sisters for a bit. Going to try and talk her into going to the range and get some recoil and gunsmoke therapy.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

I think we all (myself included) focus too much on gold prices. Of course big swings are significant but with gold prices being high $5-30 either way is really an insignificant percentage. Nobody says "silver went up 9 cents".

Don't mean to pick at you. I check Kitco several times a day.

Diogenes said...

it's cool 15 minutes after posting that it started to fall. What can I say, insomnia (snirk) can do funny things to a guy.

Anonymous said...

I have a widget on my blog that tracks gold prices and I don't even buy gold! But I do think it's an interesting indicator of public confidence in the future.