Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Birthday blahs.

I know that I promised a big post this week. I am working on it. Today is my one day a year that I truly take off and do only what I want to do.


Basically NOTHING.

Tam calls it a Stay-cation,


Sounds about right.

Today is being spent in a library building my checkout list. There are books that I would like to buy and there are books that I want to check out that I may want to buy later.

Oh, side note. My house I am working on will have bookshelves for walls. I am such a bibliomaniac its justified. The perpetual student: Thats me.

I did one thing this morning that was a little off kilter. My dad and I went to VA this morning so that we could get my B-day present from him. 1 case of beer. WOOT! Remember when I mentioned that you break at least one law before noon everyday? Well, well: We broke one major one this morning by transporting alcohol across not one, but THREE states, 2 miles to the VA/TN border, then another 4 miles to the TN/KY border. LOL what bunch of rebels we are.

Now, If I can coax a steak out of my cousin from his recently slaughtered cow, I will be having one hell of a B-day dinner, Beer, Bloody Steak, baked potato, grilled onions, and some fresh green stuff from the garden. The only thing not locally grown will be the beer.(and once the house is done, I will be correcting that little issue. Homegrown winter wheat beer anyone?) Now that sounds like the way a grown man should enjoy his birthday.

I was talking to my daughter last night and she is starting to feel the winds of time pick up like I warned her about. I am sure that most that read this blog can understand what I mean about that. Once the kids are born, the world seems to pick up pace and wedges the accelerator open a bit. Never slows down, only gets faster.

One more year under the bridge of life.
Happy 42 to me.

A more pertinent post coming soon, I promise.

7 comments:

Mayberry said...

Happy 42 Dio, I ain't too far behind ya...

GunRights4US said...

Happy birthday Diogenes. I hope it was a nice one for ya.

Shy Wolf said...

Happy 42nd to you, Dio, and may you be blessed with 42 more as a Free man. May your children rise up and bless you for your wisdom.
Shy III

Ken said...

...Happy,Happy Dio...here's to 42 more...

Diogenes said...

Thanks all. Just another day gone by but with good enough reason to kick back, n watch the real world swirl by for few. 42 more sounds like a long time but I know its not. I only hope to have family around the rest of them. All of the world hopping of the last 22 years wears a body down. Having family around for the next 20-40 years will feel like heaven to me.

chinasyndrome said...

Sorry I am late Bro,but I hope it was great!

China
III

Diogenes said...

It's all Good China. Had a great day doing nothing but thinking and drinking. Always a good time for me. Was gonna go shooting but I don't like handling the triggers when I am tipsy. Plenty of time for that for me now that I am away from the city.