Monday, September 27, 2010

'm not ded yet! Really! Feeling much better.

Haven't been posting and I apologize. I will be back on here more that the weather is starting to turn cold.

Just an update; Turning the property around. Been cutting the old Red Oaks out that are slowly being killed off.(there is something running through these hills knocking all of the old giants out.) Rather bring em down now and use em for firewood than have one knock down my brand new house later. This is thinning the area out a bit more than I would have liked, oh well. It will be easier for when I start bringing in the backhoe and what not. Still, cutting up trees is busy work and takes a lot of time.

I will be posting a political post here in the next week, stay tuned for that one. May not me much news in it but I will promise, no educational rants this time.

With the weather turning, I will be able to post more rifle posts here soon. I have to wait for the leaves to clear out of my lanes up the hill. I have access to a Savage .222 that I am curious to play with. Still have the PSL and I really am itching to get it out. Looking at a Winchester 30/30 here too. I kinda like the lever action. I just want to see what the round can do before I commit to full purchase.

Stay tuned for new posts in about 3 days.(thursday Sept 30th)

3 comments:

Mayberry said...

We's a-waitin'! : )

chinasyndrome said...

Hey Cuz, glad your still kickin.

China
III

Ryan said...

The 30-30 is a darn good round. It will work for up to black bear. The only real issue is that it's not good for distance. However given the lever action with mediocre sights platform they generally come it that is par for the course.