Friday, April 9, 2010

April. Always a busy month for Politics

April 15th is the tax day everyone knows. That day has increasingly become the day of protest for many Americans. I know of a couple right off the top of my head and I don't even need to dig for information on them. One is right here in Cincy with the Sean Hannity road tour and that one is close enough that I should be able to hear the roar of the crowd from my front porch. The other one is D.C. . I am sure that every city in the U.S. is going to have a similar event on the same day, in addition to the Post Office keeping late hours for those that have held off to the last minute to send in paperwork. Seeing how I have been 'unemployed' since April of last year, I filed early to get what refund was coming to me before they ran out of money to pay it. Normally I don't get a refund but end up having to pay a few dollars. I keep my deductions to a rate where I don't give the Gooberment a free loan.

Two other events that are taking place are on the same day but four days later. The Anniversary of the Lexington Green/ Concord 'shot heard 'round the world' day. One is the Armed Rally in Mt Vernon VA across the Potomac from D.C. The other one is the unarmed rally within the limits of D.C.

I was hoping to be able to attend the one in Mt Vernon. Not going to happen though. With the cost of gas going back up and the lack of work available right now, I am just this side of cash strapped. I haven't been able to find anyone locally that is going to share the cost with. C'est la Vie. I will keep an eye on the skyline for that one. Things are going to be tense within the park there since there are several 'idjits' that want to start trouble and have been quite blatant about it on the nets. These are leftists that want to see us gunnies open fire and start something. This isn't about that. Its more of a warning to the people in office that we are out here and ready to defend ourselves when they decide to start enforcing these 'measures' they have enacted. Like Mike V said earlier today:
"
Your side first brought guns to this table.

And, if you must insist, let's eat."


I know that there will be violence in this country before Obama leaves office. The way things are going, people are gonna snap. I keep pointing out to some of my neighbors how the HC law isn't even in force until AFTER 2012. There are reasons for that. One point is this isn't even remotely about healthcare. It's about generating new levels of revenue for the .GOV. The taxes this thing collects are going in place now. And they continue talking about raising taxes to reduce deficits. Second point: Its about control. Its always about control but this piece of shit legislation takes that control to all new levels. I won't even go into it here as there are far too many examples and I don't want to bore anyone with the obvious stuff.
But the third point is even bigger. The reason this legislation doesn't really kick in until after 2012 is because O KNOWS he won't make a second term. He doesn't want the blood that is going to be spilled(and there will be blood spilled when the IRS starts trying to collect that fine) happen within his term. HE is protecting his messiah image with himself.

I have thought about that and tried to figure out if this is intelligence or cowardice. I am leaning towards the latter. Tactically, the law is already showing its faults and the administration is scrambling to cover it up. We are only at the start of it and haven't seen how bad this thing is really going to be. The Republicans are talking about repeal, but, Honestly, how often has any law been repealed once on the books. It may get amended and modified but the only thing that is really going to happen is for it to get bigger and uglier over time.

9 days from now, we will see how much the Gooberment really thinks of us, either through action or inaction but the die will have been cast. This either starts escalation then or we are in for a much longer, bloodier future than any of us or our grandparents could imagine(or have witnessed).

No comments: