Thursday, April 15, 2010

Casting day.

Well, sort of. I had a couple of good melts and the pours went well.

Lets just say, I wasn't satisfied with the actual results. Looks like it may be time to purchase some 'real' casting medium. An acquaintance really pushes the whole Petrobond line and I am thinking a 50# bag may be in order. Sure would save me some money from all of the fuel I wasted today. One good aspect of this hobby, recycling is not an issue. Just break the messed up stuff apart and throw it in the pot to remelt.(or the pile for next time)

Good points though, no steam explosions. I knew that things weren't all that they seemed with the amount of smoke I was getting on the first pour. Seems that the wet I picked up the other day caused some mold or algae to grow. That caused a lot of strange things to take place within the mold. I didn't smell anything weird while ramming up the molds and the temper of the sand felt right. Oh well. Another lesson learned.

I haven't any commentary about current events though I do find it funny how the Media is Crying about how they are being treated by Obama lately. LOL what a hoot. Sell out cheap than expect to be treated like high class. Yah right.

Reminds me of the story about a guy and a gal in a bar. He asks if she would screw him for a Million dollars. She thought about it and said yes. He then says he will pay her $100. She cries out "what type of girl do you think I am?" to which he responds, "Well, we've already settled that, now we are just dickering on the price."

No comments: