Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Divisiveness

I listen to the talk radio somedays and today was one of those days. The divisiveness going on all across the spectrum is incredible. Whiney G.Beck was going on and on about not wanting a structure to have targeted by the leftists, then whining about how we need to consolidate our endeavors. Going on and on about how we need to not play into the leftists propaganda BS, then turns around and hands out GOP propaganda BS.

I know that there are some that worry about bloggers trying to intice antagonism online. I guess that is why I consider myself an 'independent'. I don't have any affiliation with any Militias(organized) nor am I a TEA party member though I have attended a few. I try to keep my head off the skyline as much as possible; this blog being the exception to the rule. This blog is my link to sanity somedays: Have to be able to vent the pressures of it all or you end up exploding and that's not a good thing.

The blogs that I do read, really help me keep my finger on the pulse of like minded people. Some of them I would consider friends unmet. The kinds of friends that could show up unannounced and be welcomed no matter what. I find it sad that there is so much space amongst us in the real world: yet if you think about it that is actually a plus too. I figure that most of us are independent enough that personalities would rub badly over too much time. Seen it happen before. One other thing to think about that is a plus: With the spread out nature of us, all of this could come apart and there would be enough of us to be able to pick up the pieces locally and really help rebuild this nation on a larger scale.(lean with me on this one as I am trying to see a silver lining today)

Well, time to go melt some metal. Third time is the charm they say and this particular piece has been giving me fits the last couple of times I tried casting it.(hopefully I can post the after shots and the beginning of the machining process here later today)

UPDATE: Weather last night made my casting sand wet. Thought it was covered but I was wrong. Casting day soon. Don't want to have a steam explosion while trying to make a tool. Not a pretty sight if you haven't seen one.(the after effects are worse)

2 comments:

Mayberry said...

Casting is nothing to fool around with. I cast lead for a small sailboat keel before. The mold was a little moist, and the fireworks show was not enjoyable....

Diogenes said...

One of the tricks I have been using is Foam Casting. The Sand is tempered with waste motor oil and clay. It stinks to high heaven but you don't have to worry as much about steam explosions. That is unless your sand actually gets wet. Luckily its easy to fix. Just cook the sand for awhile. The oil stays and the water boils off.