Saturday, April 17, 2010

laying low

watching the news, watching the blogs, watching the protests, watching the media/public responses to those. Something is "off".

Maybe I am just paranoid but something doesn't seem right. I know that the economy has been off for sometime but the political air in this country is getting rather charged. Something is going to break soon. I can't quite put my finger on any one thing that is wrong because so much is going on. I know the "armed" march on D.C. is one of those things and I worry for those that are going to that one. I don't think it will be the spark(and I could be wrong) but I think it will be one step closer to something. Word came out that the Cap and Trade bill will be introduced in the Senate April 26th. I can only imagine that this is going to be another omnibus bill written in a language that looks like English but can't be parsed with an army of lawyers and a couple of supercomputers. Further controls, restrictions and higher taxes through insidious means. Next on the list is the amnesty thing and who knows how or when they are going to attempt that mess. This administration is going to jump through hoops to get all of its crap in place before the elections in November. They know repeal will never happen since neither party really wants to lose control once control is established.(and the only way to get them out now is surgically IMO)

This coming week will be a zero post week. I am moving some of my heavier items out in preparations for 'When, not if'. I don't intend to be here when things get heavy and that means the tools that don't travel well, need moved now.
Lathe/mill and all of its accessories is priority. Its the biggest and heaviest. Its also the most versatile for future needs. (the lathe is the only machine in a shop capable of reproducing itself and producing the rest of the tools)


I may have one post on Tuesday after the D.C. marches are over. I won't be there but I am sure that there will be plenty of news from both sides of that fence.

Keep your powder dry.

1 comment:

Mayberry said...

Happy moving, we'll hold down the fort...