Friday, November 19, 2010

Things in my neck of the woods.

I have been having a bit of fun with my new netbook, I highly recommend one to all that want to simplify their net experience. Best keep your bookmarks handy though; your gonna want them. If you are using Firefox(and you should be if not) the following folder transferred over to the new Opsys will make the change seamless.

type this into your runbox. %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ and you will have all of your bookmarks, cookies, and passwords. Just copy this to a thumbdrive then do the same thing on the new machine and paste EVERYTHING in that file in the new file.(delete the others first) Shh, I didn't tell you how to do that.

Anyway, since I have this new powerhouse, I have been getting more posts in due to the fact that I can now access the net here at the house. I am really enjoying sitting on the back porch listening to streaming audio while posting. I am picking up my cousins wireless up the hill (over 1000' away!!!!! )and getting great reception to boot. One of my cousins found out I was connected and told me about a local that is an avid YouTube user. (I can't think of what you would call that,,,) If you get a chance, check out his uploads. He goes by Madbadvoodo. He interviews locals and comments about things around here that I leave well enough alone.(don't want any enemies. Want to get established here first) He is from up north, same as me, and seems amused by the locals where I take 'em at face value. There are many around here that will give you the shirt off their backs and know how to do most anything (short of monkeying with PC's I am finding.) There are also the usual pieces of dreck that are completely absorbed into the collective and those I steer clear of.

Little update. Was listening to NPR this morning. I can only tolerate so much of it but I do try to listen to the other side of the coins flying around the airwaves. There was some liberal POS talking about reinstating the draft 'so that the young of this country could understand the sacrifices made by soldiers today'.
Umm, excuse me, was this POS EVER!?!? in the military. He sounded old enough to have witnessed Vietnam but young enough to have missed out on that debacle of 'volunteerism'. I don't use the term POS lightly either. This guy was WAY out on the leftist limb. I could tell he hadn't a fricken clue about what soldiers really do nor how much sacrifice is actually paid even if that sacrifice isn't the ultimate one. I was screaming at the radio for about 10 minutes.

I try to be open minded, Really, I do. But to be open minded enough to accept Turds like that, my brains would fall out.

This shit can't collapse fast enough some days.

Anywhoos, here is a little something of melancholy to warm your soul. I love her voice.

1 comment:

Mayberry said...

Yeah, it seems most of the cockroaches calling for a draft have never served themselves. And how much ya wanna bet that their own families would be "exempt"...