Wednesday, November 24, 2010

watching, waiting, wondering.

Obviously my last few posts have been a bit on the odd side. Lots going on in the world and I am re-assessing certain points to accommodate the events.

Watching things, The events in Korea specifically, I am watching things unfold almost exactly as I thought they would a year ago. I wasn't sure what country was going to give O'boy his crisis but I thought Korea was going to be it. Is there a way to work this out to keep that truce in place? Oh yes, there is. The real question is: Can or Will O'boy be able to pull it off AND do they even want to try to keep peace there? This works perfectly into that scenario of "any crisis". Granted, this is just more smoke and mirrors to detract the attention away from the economy and what The Bernak and his ghouls are doing. Every little thing going on is nothing more than distraction away from what is really going to keep 'mom and dad America' from going ape shit. I guess we really have to wait for the hyper-inflation to kick in before that happens.
What does have me flummoxed is the TSA backlash. I am seeing a lot of good (IMO) reaction to incremental growth of tyranny with one problem. The media is in downplay mode. They are making every effort to make this situation 'acceptable' to the general public. I didn't realize how effective this was until I overheard my dad make a comment. I won't illiterate on the comment: least to say, I shut my mouth and walked away though. Far too easy to cause tension in a household when Points of view are conflicting. I won't try to sway his opinion on this or other matters, he is far too set in his ways. Best to let it lie.
But I won't be shut up about how far down the tubes this country has been flushed. I may not bring it up with him, but I won't be silenced in other venues.(here specifically, among other outside of my current four walls generally) Once I am out of here in my own place, I may open up more. I just don't want to add to any tensions that are already in place just by my being here.

Actually, the rift in thinking between myself and my dad is very like that of the growing rift of thought-lines in the general populace. There are many that will subject themselves to this crap "in the good of safety" without thought as to how it is a major Violation of liberty. The arguments of "it would have stopped the underwear bomber" are complete BS but the general populace sucks it up as Gospel. Sorry to say, if you need someone else to take care of your safety, you do not need to be wandering the streets alone; let alone trying to act like an adult. I know deep down my dad understands that concept. Its just corrupted by the statist crap he has been fed by the media over the years.(and that is the reason I refuse to own a TV now.)

So what do we see in the face of the General Populace.(ask a prison guard what that term means)
-N. Korea flexing muscles.
-TSA and the PTB flexing muscles and backpedaling
-Royal Wedding crap that has little to NO bearing upon anything. (figureheads at best, clinging to tradition by a country with little else to claim in all actuality.)
-and a blatant skirting and avoidance of the economy by the media at large.

With the holiday season on top of us, of course those that have any say in the economy want to keep the wheels churning. The only way a Fiat currency stays alive is if numbers continue to move around. If people are spending, the dollar may hold some value. If people are saving it 'for a rainy day' its value is non-existent.(another reason I refuse to have a 401k or a retirement account set up. My retirement plan is my home/workshop/garden set up.) If people are nervous about the economy, they won't spend as much and the values decline. Can't have that when every country in the world is starting to look at a different currency as a base of trade. We are on the verge of becoming a third world country simply due to the debasement of the dollar by the Federal reserve and the Federal Government.

I think the tipping point is on us. Some may say that the TSA thing is it, I say its only part of the bigger picture of that tip. We are getting ready for the downhill slide, and once it starts, there will be NO turning back. We will start to see the real economic issues rear the ugly heads in February or March. (especially about the time that the CC bills come in.) Look for more big bailouts to be tossed around(though there is going to be a harder fight for them; with the new congress taking seat in January. I could be wrong on that one though.) Watch for feelers in D.C. for a new draft. They will need fresh meat for the grinder that is coming at us. N.Korea is only a spasm of what is to come.

Things are going to start getting really heavy soon.

2 comments:

Shy Wolf said...

Wise decision with your Dad, Dio. I have a similar problem with several family members, union defenders all, and have had to learn to bite my tongue all too often. One thing that bothers me about it is that some of them will be the first on my doorstep begging for help I won't be giving them. Sad, but they've got the same information I have and I really don't give a shit any more.
Shy III

Diogenes said...

It has taken a lot of growing up on my part to come to a similar point. Best to let it lie, when things get rough, he may be more open to reason. Or not. I have a lot of respect for him, but like any family, we don't always see eye to eye.