Friday, March 5, 2010

How many more?

Mike V states no Fort Sumters. I agree with him. Yet we are seeing people not getting that message.

I don't begrudge these guys their anger. Its only a symptom of current affairs with our ever growing Big Government. I can see more taking place in the future, maybe even escalation of said events. I do find it discouraging that they are jumping the gun so completely though. Its obvious to me that these guys are putting a lot of thought into the anger but little(to none) into Recourse.

It also makes me think that MAYBE there is something else at work here. Anger at the government is one thing, suicide by cop is another. (Stack doesn't fall under that but the end result was the same, wasn't it?)

Throw in the new Einstein program ready to start rolling and people like myself are going to start coming under close scrutiny. This, of course, will receive approval of the Sheep. They want to be safe. And they most definitely outnumber those of us that only want our freedoms back. Freedom is a hard thing to live with as you have to work at it, stay knowledgeable on things, protect your interests from those that feel they know better than you. Hard work. Something our country really doesn't seem to understand too much of anymore.

At present, I am as ready for disaster as I can make myself under the current economic conditions. I have written in certain flexibilities "just in case". One thing I am not prepared for is Government intervention. The violent sort of course. I don't have the means to withstand a "no knock warrant" nor am I in an area where I can alleviate that situation. I don't do anything other than have an opinion against Big Government, but that soon may be all they need. The only way I can stop that is to go offline and shut up. This is getting very tempting right now. Sadly, I use the internet for so much of my life; leaving it would change how I get my information. More than likely to the negative.

I know that there are others out there far more vocal than I. I worry about them daily. I have had some of my 'reads' go offline in what seems a permanent fashion without warning, and that worries me too.

Maybe I am just being paranoid. Maybe there isn't a thing to worry about when it comes to what the future holds. I am the cynic though. I can't believe that this Government won't hold back if it feels threatened enough. They have proven too many times in the past that they not only won't hold back, they will come in force, with back-ups and secondary plans.

Till I decide to 'hole up' I am here, fair warning will be given if I go offline. Until such time I watch the skyline, and keep an ear to the ground as best I can. The ride is only starting and history will be written by mere men.


On a good note though, its looking like the weather is turning towards spring. That's a good thing. I need the sunlight to recharge my personal batteries. And hopefully the weather will bring some work with it.(not going to hold my breath over that one though.)

4 comments:

RJIII said...

Keep a weather eye open (as the old sailors used to say)brother. Theres a's a sh*t storm comin'. The powers that be swore if they ever gained control again; ie- 1994; they would NEVER give it up. They are backdoor funding the unrest on college campusses. This week its metal pipes and riots, what does next week hold?

Shy Wolf said...

How to handle a 'no-knock warrant' has been much on my mind lately, as well. How does one prepare to/or defend against gov't intrusion? Other than going to war alone, there really isn't a whole bunch we can do. Unless living in a compound with a horde of like-minded individuals. And we saw what that can cause in Waco.
I feel quite a few such incidents as MV opened with in ABSOLVED. Friends have told me to get my bunns off-line as well, to not rock the boat and tone down my verbal abuse of the fed in power. But I can't: it rankles me too much to stop. So here I sit as well, reading and wondering when will the moment arrive? And it will come, no doubts about it.
Thank God spring is coming. It's going to be a fast, hot summer.
Shy III

Diogenes said...

Thanks Dakota and Shy, good to know that I am not 'alone' in thought even if I am alone in every other way. Yes, there is a shitstorm coming, and Yes, we are all going to have a hand in getting out of it someway, shape,or form.

I can't go offline. I won't, nor will I shut up. I guess if they want to make a scene with me as the key player, I won't be able to stop them. I can make things a might uncomfortable for them though.

I agree Shy; Fast, hot summer. The economy is going to have a hand to play in all of this and we know how thats sitting.

Ryan said...

I totally understand the variety of reasons people decide to go dark. However a courtesy "I will be gone for awhile....." is nice. Lets you know nothing bad happened to a friend.