Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A little Anxiety going on today.

Today is Week 6 in the unemployment department. This ROYALLY SUCKS!!

Maybe I have a certain bias going on with the things I read but I am starting to get more than a little paranoid about the state of this country. I KNOW that our freedoms are being eroded away. Everyday I read about another infringement upon some citizen somewhere in the US and it only makes me more angry. I am slowly getting to the point that I don't want to haul my rifle to the range because I am afraid that some Gung-ho Trooper or Sheriff may pull me over and start running checks to see if I am on the "terrorist watchlist". I haven't a clue if I am on it or not nor will they come out and let you know. I guess the logic behind that is If you play by their rules then you haven't anything to worry about. Problem with that logic(if you want to call it that) is you need to know what the rules are to play by. The rules that I have been seeing mean becoming a slave to the System. NO THANKS. I like my life (other than being unemployed) and haven't any desire to change it other than where I live. Honestly, Texas is sounding better and better to me every day.

I think that what makes me the angriest is that I know this is the best country to live in for Freedoms. I have been to other countries and while I liked the Philippines it's not somewhere that I would want to live.

Ask yourself this: If you are pulled over, for any reason or none, do you feel comfortable telling the officer NO? No to answer their questions of where you are going or where you are coming from? No to Look into your PERSONAL Vehicle even if you aren't hiding anything?
Lets take it one step further. What if you are walking down the street in your town and a police officer asks for your ID? Out of the clear blue for no other reason than you are walking in a public place. Would you follow the request or tell them to take a hike?
I am guessing that a vast majority of the US would answer NO to all of the above questions. Yet if you look at the Laws that WERE ours, you would have every right to ignore those requests. NOW if you do they have every reason to assault you and arrest you. They can claim that you were impeding the legal system. Resisting arrest etc etc. These changes have encroached upon us so slowly that we hadn't considered how much has changed in this country. If these things had happened after WWII there would have been an uprising. Now we just bow our heads like good little dogs and whimper that we don't want to get hurt. These are people that call themselves "Public Servants" but who is acting like the servant here?

In the words of V: There is something seriously wrong with this country.

I am about ready to bail on Society somedays and just head to the hills and wait for the gunshots in the distance to tell me its time to come back and fight for whats right. I probably won't do that but man is it tempting. Especially when I am feel afraid to step outside and do things that I like to do that Are still legal(well at least the law against it hasn't been made public yet)

Think I am gonna call it an early night tonight and try to sleep off my paranoia.

No comments: