Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sounds of Summer in the 'Hood

Sitting on my porch smoking(I know BAD!) listening to the sounds of the world around me. I don't think anything bad was going on but I did hear the sound of a 12 gauge in the distance. 2 rounds about 4 seconds apart. Then up the road, someone popped off about 8 rounds of .22. Hard to mistake that crack. Most definitely not firecrackers.

No sirens so It was probably just fun shots going off. Its way to early to hear the 9's going off. Those usually wait until after the bars are closed and the 'bangers are feeling cocky enough to "defend" turf or settle some scores.

New Years Eve here was quite interesting. I actually called it an early night even though I didn't need to. I was awoken to the Gunfire. Not really surprised at all but the quantity of it was surprising to me. I even went on to the front porch and shot 3 rounds into the yard for giggles. THEN I heard it. Someone in the neighborhood had a Full AUTOMATIC. Probably AK since it sounded like 7.62X39 going off. I had my muffs on so I couldn't tell if there was that 'Clack' of an AK going off but I know Full Auto when I here it. It may have been a bump fire but I doubt it in this case. There are several military familys in the area and I know that during Kuwait we had quite a few that were successful in bringing back 'trophies' .

To bed with me though. I have a show tomorrow so Its going to be a long day/night for the grumpy cuss. LOL

No comments: