Wednesday, May 20, 2009

THIS had me going a bit today.

On Irate Nation, Eagle posted this letter
Letter From A Dodge Dealer
Letter to the editor
5-20-9


My name is George C. Joseph. I am the sole owner of Sunshine Dodge-Isuzu, a family owned and operated business in Melbourne, Florida.

My family bought and paid for this automobile franchise 35 years ago in 1974. I am the second generation to manage this business.

We currently employ 50+ people and before the economic slowdown we employed over 70 local people. We are active in the community and the local chamber of commerce. We deal with several dozen local vendors on a day to day basis and many more during a month. All depend on our business for part of their livelihood. We are financially strong with great respect in the market place and community. We have strong local presence and stability.

I work every day the store is open, nine to ten hours a day. I know most of our customers and all our employees. Sunshine Dodge is my life.

On Thursday, May 14, 2009 I was notified that my Dodge franchise, that we purchased, will be taken away from my family on June 9, 2009 without compensation and given to another dealer at no cost to them. My new vehicle inventory consists of 125 vehicles with a financed balance of 3 million dollars. This inventory becomes impossible to sell with no factory incentives beyond June 9, 2009.

Without the Dodge franchise we can no longer sell a new Dodge as "new," nor will we be able to do any warranty service work.

Additionally, my Dodge parts inventory, (approximately $300,000.) is virtually worthless without the ability to perform warranty service.

There is no offer from Chrysler to buy back the vehicles or parts inventory.

Our facility was recently totally renovated at Chrysler's insistence, incurring a multi-million dollar debt in the form of a mortgage at Sun Trust Bank.

HOW IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CAN THIS HAPPEN? THIS IS A PRIVATE BUSINESS NOT A GOVERNMENT ENTITY.

This is beyond imagination! My business is being stolen from me through NO FAULT OF OUR OWN. We did NOTHING wrong.

This atrocity will most likely force my family into bankruptcy. This will also cause our 50+ employees to be unemployed. How will they provide for their families? This is a total economic disaster.

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN IN A FREE MARKET ECONOMY IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?

I beseech your help, and look forward to your reply. Thank you.


Sincerely,
George C. Joseph
President & Owner
Sunshine Dodge-Isuzu

Original link on American thinker.

Here is my response.
I think Mr. G Joseph just got his wake up call.

I am not being facetious either. Sad to see this crap pouring from the hill like it is. I am reminded of an abscess on a cat: it grows and grows till it bursts; the garbage that comes out is instant death or really slow lingering death to any small creature that comes in contact with it.(size determines time) This is a problem that has been coming for sometime now: the abscess is leaking. I would have to say it started LONG before GWB, Clinton, Bush1 Heck even before Reagan. Reagan was the Cobalt rod in the core to keep things from going critical but his time was too short lived.(and unfortunately gave birth to the Brady bunch, thanks Hinckley you wack job)

My doctor has a piece of advice he gives on occasion. 'Let it ride out.' You are going to be sicker than a dog for awhile and weak as a kitten for sometime thereafter but in the end you are STRONGER for it.

We needed to do that when the economy started tanking last year. I knew we were in trouble when there was suddenly an extra $600 in my account last year. Stimulus my A$$. 93% of Americans used that money to pay bills. Nothing to encourage production, nothing to encourage growth. DEBT.
Says something about whats really going on eh?

Currently we are past the 50% mark. Just over half of the people in the US have a job working for the .GOV. The other half are interspersed in Private sector, Entreprenuers, manufacturing, contstruction, etc. The real question arises then. What do we produce that the rest of the world would want to purchase?(key word here is 'want')

For the last few decades it was our money. Not our cars, technologies, or any other thing that we still produce something of.(sorry Apple and Microsoft. Operating systems don't count as they are considered Intellectual properties not materials.) MONEY.

Now we are lending to ourselves to pay off our debt. How is a house to stand when the foundation DOESN'T EXIST?
I know how. The people. Stop basing the economy on Fiat paper and base it on the people. In order to do that then the people are currency to be bought and sold as needed.

How ya like them apples?

I don't.

Wake up call.
I realize that some of my 'rant' is not backed by any fact finding. I could write a treatise on this with all of the links that I have collected since things started going south. I choose not to at this point on that (and this site) since we are all pretty much just giving vent to pressures that could drive someone insane if contained. There are better writers out there that are paid to do this and they do quite well at it. I will just rant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reading Survival Blog today and Rawles had a posting that mirrored what you are saying. He thinks the worst is yet to come and coming on fast. A few minutes after I read that, I read MSN money matters and they had an article saying that the worst was behind us and now was the time to buy, buy, buy! Essentially, they are just putting out the mantra of the Democratic party. I'm familiar with the concept of "the big lie" but I don't think it will work when the average individual can verify for himself, based on his own observations, that what he is being told is not true.

Diogenes said...

Try this again.
I have tried to post return comments before but for some reason I haven't figured out it wasn't working.

Anyway. I think you are right. The average person in the U.S. is smarter than the ones that managed to get control. Those of us that are now finding our voices are tired of being used to support a class of elitests that hold power through lies and intimidation. Things are starting to turn around, I can feel it.