Friday, December 3, 2010

'Break neck Speed Scotty, we need more power'

Not exactly something you ever heard on StarTrek but I wouldn't be surprised to hear something similar in the halls of the WH these days.

We know that this administration has started making moves into internet censorship. They may not come out right and admit it; they are making moves to have more and more of a hand in it and as recent events show, they can and will make things 'happen'. How many Domains have been shut down in the last 4 weeks? I can think of three right off the top of my head. Maybe there was some legitimate concern, maybe not. Fact is, it shouldn't be in their power to make that call but the people that frequent, or don't frequent, those sites. How long before the voices like Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, or even little ol' me, are driven into oblivion by a simple act of attrition called DNS failure?

Then I read this from John Galt.
I, among many others, have been warning at length that this administration and its minions would seek control of the airwaves and the flow of information on the internet to insure that the various points of view within the greater debate and discussion in our society are limited within a framework which is satisfactory to the two political parties in power. When this idea is expanded to the current administration it means the pure unadulterated naked censorship and rationing of the disbursement of government actions, legislation, and regulation so the bureaucrats can move in silence and surprise the public only when their evil deeds are complete.
RTWT here.

Well the jackasses couldn't get the Fairness Doctrine to fly so they have to pull a "Hail Mary" move and make an end run around the 'problem'.

Internet Censorship through DNS shutdown.
"Testing" for Moral and civic quality in radio programing(?!?!?!).(From a group that show a severe disconnect from the morals and qualities of the average American family? Uh, did I miss something?)

Maybe this post about it is premature. Maybe not. There are over 2500 radio stations in this country. Each will have to have a license renewal at different times of the year. I can see this happening 'incrementally' nationwide until one day we wake up to hear Janet N. whispering in our ear about strip searches before we are allowed to leave our house for mandatory tax work day. "its for the safety of the children you know".*

They can't openly attack the First Amendment as that would really make the propaganda stooges on CNN and the others have a shit hemorrhage. But they can make end roads around it until they have control. They have 16 days to get a good chunk of that agenda pushed through before the shutdown of the hill before the changing of the guard(if you wish to call the batch of newbies that.) And while I am tired of this shit, I know that one person attempting something is essentially suicide by cop. Even Joseph Stack knew this.(and to call that man insane? Dunno 'bout that: seemed pretty reasonable to me, just pissed off and tired of watching the horror show we call America today. He may have been a bit delusional about some things, but I think anger made his words seem a bit more paranoid than he really was.)

Now if I could only find a state that was willing to secede from the union and start a REAL Republic. Is Texas ready? It would only take me 24 hours to make that run and everything I would want to take can be thrown in the truck in under 10 minutes.

I guess I just keep watching. Soon enough the time will be ripe and some where, somehow, this Travesty we call a federal government will trip up.



*(I can say with all honesty: before that day comes, I will, WILL, become and active enemy of the state. I may not last long against it, they do have better weapons and toys (remote aircraft, etc) but I will do as much damage as possible with a Romanian rifle as one well trained and highly motivated Former Marine can do. I may not be 20 any longer but I am far from 'Old and useless'.)

5 comments:

Mayberry said...

I got two words: pirate radio... Actually there were more words, some of Mr. Spock's "colorful metaphors" from one of the movies, but I held my "tongue"...

chinasyndrome said...

Dio,I have been saying for at least a year now that they will take over the internet.It will be precisely to shut up guys like you!Think about it MSM is already under there thumb,just leaves the net.They are making a big to do over wiki leaks National Security blah blah.So far I all I heard was a bunch of embarrassing gossip.But it will be a tool to control us! I love Indiana but if you all a find a state willing,I will be there!I possess a few skills.

China
III

Ken said...

...when that State becomes known,i will be there too,with gear...i would prefer a southern tier State(s),i don't work well in the cold anymore...lol

...remember Dio,many of their "better weapons and toys" will be ours after opening salvos...

Anonymous said...

Brothers (and Sisters) we would welcome you to Texas at any point. I do think that many Texans see that a split is inevitable. Of course, Rick Perry saying such a thing is bs...

Pickdog
III

Diogenes said...

Mayberry, Feel free to say whatever words you wish Pirate radio indeed. Looking into it since I have a face for radio. LOL
China, They are rolling that machine into high gear aren't they? I get a 404 error now going to wikileaks.
Ken, I know that field expedient acquisition of weapons will take place. I guess we will see how 'loyal' some are in the near future.
Pickdog, I have a couple LZ's lined up in Texas, I fully expect the "Republic" to invoke that article they have/had written in the agreement with the union. Perry has struck me as a well polished 'politician' in the worst meaning of the word. I watched his debates last year and was sickened by him. He holds the reins right now but that may change.