Friday, December 17, 2010

Thoughts on declines, ours and in history

I was glancing at some charts today from various places and noted a steady decline across the board. Everyone that comes to this site knows my pet peeve is education and that was one of the first charts I was looking at. Looking at illiteracy,by ratio, we really haven't improved or declined that much. But if you look at the actual figures, we have gone down hill by quite a margin. Then, look at the actual value of the dollar in comparison to a standard; in this case I used silver since it is the 'poor mans insurance policy'. Huge decline even with JP Morgan manipulating the market.

Then I looked back into history.

The Roman Empire to be exact.

Not one thing I looked at is new. I know that there have been brighter persons than I that have done research on this subject. I know that there are a plethora of books out there on the decline of civilizations. I have even read some of them. It's a vastly different world when you do some of that research yourself.

Now the question I have is this: Even though we are showing signs of swirling in the toilet bowl; Are there enough people in this country, with the moral backbone, initiative, and will power to turn this mess around?

My answer is a very definite " Possibly". Yeah, yeah, I know: that's a non-answer. Give me a break, I am trying to be positive because to be honest, I don't really think this thing can be turned around. There are signs of life in those that wish for a return to greatness, but I think we needed to really put the brakes on while Reagan was Prez. (Kennedy would have been even better but you see what happened to him when he tried. That whole silver backed currency thing really ticked off some power players back then.)

One of my readers mentioned in a comment that its "time to grab some popcorn and watch the show". I am very close to concurring 100% there. Very close. Now if someone sent me a link or an email talking about that 'buying a county and starting fresh'; hell, I would be there quicker than an Oklahoma Tornado. There isn't anything holding me back any longer and if I made a move like that my kin that are of like mind would be right there behind me. We may not be rich in money but our skills and drive would prove more than enough. Then we could all sit back and watch the show from afar. Much better that way.

The only problem I see with a situation like that is the media. All it takes is one warrant and a federal probe with some 'misleading information' and the whole lot of us would and could be labeled, well, pretty much anything they wanted to paint us as. Just look what happened with David Koresh and the Ruby Ridge incident. If the nation is screaming for blood, they can get away with pretty much anything short of tactical nuke.

More thoughts on this one later. Been a long day and I have a short night before I do it all again.

3 comments:

Mayberry said...

Oh, we would most certainly be smeared and maligned by the media mouthpieces. Very likely attacked by the government as well. This could be countered by launching our own PR campaign from the get go, emphasizing our peaceful, cooperative nature, and desire to do honest business with honest people, in a responsible manner. It's pretty hard to argue against that, though I know they'll try...

David III said...

What Mayberry said... In addition, the "Davidians" while having some "neato" weapons did not have matching skills, a well trained "Militia" would make any type of non Constitutional law enforcement costly. Also, if the "cost" as it were, for the "extra legal" activity of law enforcement agencies were paid for by the heads of the involved agencies, the temptation to destroy their perceived enemies would be somewhat mitigated.

Ken said...

...find us that county and i'm there too...

...as an aside,if they tried to waco 'us',it would definitely be more costly to them this time around...it very well could be the second shot(s) heard around the world...