Thursday, December 2, 2010

Who's Fed up?

Break neck speed.
Preaching to the Choir.
Angry rants.
furtive pleas for intelligence in office.

All of these things are no news to those that read this blog, nor to those that blog likewise. We are tired, no, SICK AND TIRED, of trying to educate the few around us to what is really going on. TSA DHS CIA FBI ATF DEA IRS etc etc etc Hell, just throw a few letters from our alphabet together and I promise you, you will find some Government agency with the initials and they will be armed in some form or have armaments readily available.

Fascism doesn't come as a Curtain Drop towards the end of the show, it creeps up on you like a fog of Poison gas while you watch the plot accelerate.

We are already there, its only a matter of time before the PTB start to reach out and gather up all of us 'dissenters' and flag wavers. We aren't singing the praise of slavery.


Mayberry is saying he is turning of the news for awhile. I tried it: withdrawals of a sort set in. Not so much the Macabre Interests type but more of a tactical response. I prefer to know what the 'enemy' is up to IF at all possible. While I can say in all honesty, I don't know what all they are up to, I can say with certainty: Its not in my best interests nor that of my family or friends. I don't give a rats ass how they try to sell it to me, I know what freedom and liberty are and we ain't seeing it any longer(if we ever really did).

I sat back last night after reading Mayberry's post and did some serious recollection on my life. Not sure how he pulled that out but it happened that way. I remembered growing up and running around like a hooligan. I know that if I were to grow up in todays world like that, my dad would be thrown in jail for Neglect or abuse. He allowed us to teach ourselves how to be humans. Our three rules were pretty straight-forward.
1) Keep your grades up in school
2) Do your chores
3) Be home before I(dad) get up for work or your ass is gonna get blistered.

He didn't spare the rod either. I have a couple of welts that scarred and in hindsight, I deserved far more than I received. I was something of a spoiled punk and it took a group of DI's at Parris Island to straighten me out.(and they are damned good at that kind of work.)

But that was how it was supposed to be, in my eyes. We were free to make it or not, he guided us as best he could as a single parent, but it was really up to us.

THAT should be the role of Government, set the table and step away, let the people that make up the country give it a shot and succeed or fail accordingly. If there is failure, the people should be the ones to help pick up the pieces and get that person back into the game. NOT NANNY.GOV or BIG SIS trying to police us to death.


I am not ready to throw in the towel yet. I will keep trying as long as I can get away with speaking my mind. I won't betray my beliefs of Freedom to anyone, even at the point of a gun. They will have to use that gun on me and even then, I win.

6 comments:

Toaster 802 said...

Quoted and linked at http://greenmnts.blogspot.com/2010/12/im-not-only-onenot-by-long-shot.html

"You will not laugh, you will not cry. You will learn by the numbers and I will teach you!"

Semper Fi Bro. Sums up how me, and a lot of other folks feel these days. I wonder if they believe their own lies sometimes. Lets hope it is their time for tet soon.

Northwoods said...

I guess the DI's at Parris Island are tougher than they are at MCRD. Both my sons said their DI's were like Sunday school teachers compared to their old man's raising em (though I never once had to hit em).
I must have done somethin' right as they both shot expert in their first qual and there after.
What the hell has happened to raising a kid to understand principles, honor and dignity?
May God bless the DI's past and present but this guy will always be my favorite..
http://www.entertonement.com/clips/gbwxkkprlj--You-had-best-un-fuck-yourselfR-Lee-Ermey-Full-Metal-Jacket-Gunnery-Sergeant-Hartman-

Diogenes said...

I hated my DI's while in but in hindsight, I love em like family. They taught us exactly how they needed to, to save our sorry asses if/when the time came to it. I don't know if there is a difference
'tween Parris Island or MCRD though I think there is as I noticed a difference in discipline between the Marines that came out of PI and those from SanDog. Funny thing was, most of the Marines that were from PI made better field Marines while the ones from MCRD were better base Marines. (and ANY Marine can tell you what difference that is)

As for what happened to raising kids with Principles, Honor and Dignity? Progressivism. Pure and simple. Progressives think they can fix the world by regulating the humanity out of humanity. Without the parents input, there can be none of the above. Just look at how 'progressive' the welfare state has become and look at how crime has grown at the same pace and within the same time period. Family can not be replaced by a Nanny state; not without unintended consequences.

Mayberry said...

Damn fine post Dio. Damn fine. Not just 'cuz you gave me a mention either : )

Honestly, all I know to do now is keep pluggin', and starve the monkeys. Short of us taking over a state and seceding, there's really nothing else. 'Cept maybe sailing away...

Anonymous said...

you can choose to be wild or civilized for a human; but do remember have met many a civilized human behaving worse than a rabid animal. on the otrher hand the wild ones have better table manners..

stay free forever..

Wildflower

chinasyndrome said...

Great post Dio! I was not a Marine but I had a Father who taught right from wrong,painful lessons sometimes but I learned and was better for it.The PTB are out of control power drunk it seems.We are as ready as we can be. Bring it!

China
III