Thursday, December 9, 2010

a sense of proportion.

I realize that today started off badly. I apologize (kinda) for any that may have taken offense at my earlier post.

LOL Who am I kidding, I needed a good rant and that was just one of many: more to come from that source I am certain.

Anywho, I get home from work, I have a few hours before sunset and decided to go for a walk, I really needed to burn some excess energy. I walked about 3 miles and most of it was uphill(only in KY LMAO) and ended up strolling by the 'range'. Good thing too, I had a moment of near euphoria when I beheld this sight.



Those chalky/sandstone cliffs there in the center are what we use for targets. A similar image was posted last year but I don't think it was as clear. That particular cliff is 374 yards from this.



Not much to look at but it does what we need it to do. There is a spot right beside it that isn't real clear but we go Prone there for the same shot.

WOOT!!!!

My cousin and I will be rappelling that cliff this coming week to paint our targets on it. There is another ridge that is visible in the first pic. We shoot from there back to the range where our bench is sometimes. The bench is on top of a cliff face too. But that range is a bit more of a challenge. Its over 700 yards (our range finder won't give us an accurate reading.) I am going to set up a 5'7" target there this year. The range finder on my PSL should give me a pretty accurate 'guess'.

Ah, the moments of zen I feel when I can get in some real trigger time. Desperately needed too.

No comments: