Tuesday, February 8, 2011

disclaimer or statement of choice?

This is my blog, there are many like it but this one is mine.


Sound familiar? Yes, its a rip on the Riflemans creed but it applies the same.

I write this blog, not to entertain others but to vent internal pressures within myself. If some are entertained by it, good. If some find useful information within the scribbles (chicken tapping) that I put forth, even better. If you are offended by the occasional typo, intentional dialect 'misspelling', or regional euphemisms: To bad. Like I stated in the comment section of a prior post, ' I write from the hip' Not everything is well planned and laid out when it comes to my tapping away on this keyboard. I prefer one outlet where I can loosen the straps and just let go for a bit and this blog is that outlet.
I don't get that luxury with my other hobbies. Far too exacting and no room for errors. If I get 'loose' when I am melting metals, I am going to get hurt,BAD. If I get loose with a pass on the lathe, I just wasted HOURS of work and have to start over.

I don't blog for money. I have a couple of advertisements up but not one has paid me a thin copper coated zinc penny for that privilege. These advertisements are there because I have used the services, felt the company deserved the spread of information. If I get bad service, no ad.
I have a tip jar that has had some use but not enough to justify 'blogging' for a living. If you look at that tip jar, you will find it is nothing more than a wish list for books. Knowledge in the scribbles of others. I ask nothing in return, but if you feel the urge to send me something, I prefer it to be something that transcends economies, time and tyrants.

I know the Anonymous poster was only ribbing me but I felt the need to air out the fact that there will be 'verbal slips' on this blog. Some intentional, some not. Chances are, if its a misspelling, its quite intentional; coloring or spice added to make a point.

Anyways, Yes, I was raised in the north, some of my euphemisms will reflect that. I have been around this great country and you will read others that indicate that too. (Tango Uniform will be one I use on occasion and if you are from the lower west coast you know it has nothing to do with a dance or uniforms. LOL ) I have spent time in other countries also but had little to do with the natives for the most part(other than in the Philippines; sodden drunken memories leave little color to add to the blog.).
If you don't like it, don't read it. I think that should apply to most things in life, the net, the news, etc etc.

4 comments:

Bill Nye said...

Dio,

Write what you wish and what you want, fuck the rest. This page belongs to you, do what you want with it.

Shy Wolf said...

I'll second Bill's motion.
Shy III

Mayberry said...

Third, motion carried. Peck away, I ain't picky! I don't see what all the hub bub was about, and I'm damn near as far south as you can get in the US of A...

Diogenes said...

The HubBub was about a disclaimer. I had never done one and Soffitrat from Texas inspired me. LOL He is actually a good friend.
For the Record, I have been feeling a bit antsy with the world lately and a bit on edge with how I have been reading into things. It's all good now.