Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Officer Friendly re-do

Today was my day in court from that little incident last month. Long story short, 2 charges dropped, the remaining charge settled for minimal fine and court costs.

I swear those vampires can smell money to the dime. I walked in with $165 in my pocket; the fine and court costs came to $163 and parking was $2.

NOW, the question I have is this: We pay taxes, all sorts of taxes. To the Feds, to the State, to the county, to the city; Why are people charged court costs in addition to any taxes that they may pay already?

Simple answer: This was a traditional way for the locality to pay for the court system BEFORE they were taking taxes from everything. It is just a carry over to that time and no one thought better of trying to replace it for 'whatever reason'.(I may be wrong about that and would be willing to listen to the truth. As it stands, its the only reason I can find without mega-research time)

BUT: The law wasn't done with me yet. Yes they managed to get every single stinking dime I was carrying on me (though they didn't get all I have, yet), and managed to make me waste an entire day watching one of the lamest courts sessions I have ever witnessed (meth heads! Gah, looking at them reminds me of pictures of victims of Auschwitz ). Nope, not done at all. En route home, I came across a Rolling road block for random "compliance check". (for the record, I am not worried about it, I have the insurance, current regs for my truck and I have a DL that isn't quite RFID but sure is above and beyond the level of Nazi paperwork)
Rolling compliance. Reminds me of this guy in a sense.

Some would argue that there is a difference; the cops don't demand "your money or your life."
Ummm, yes they do. Try to ignore that road stop and see how quickly they start shooting at you, chasing you down, abusing your body, etc etc etc ad nauseam. This got me to thinking.
What is the difference between the above personage, and that of our current level of LEO? One thing only. The state sanctions the LEO. Nothing else. One operates under the color of law and the other operated outside of the law. Otherwise, not one iota of difference.


Does anyone think for a minute that our founding population (not just the writers of that document, but the ENTIRE population) would have stood by for this?

I don't.

So, Why do we? And I am not claiming a superiority thing here, Hell, I stopped and 'showed my papers' and didn't realize anything 'odd' till I got to thinking about it a bit more.
But again, WHY DO WE TOLERATE THIS BLATANT INTRUSION BY HIRED HANDS?

5 comments:

Spud said...

Cuz they, like ya said would shoot you.

Now on the other hand, what would happen if say 500 cars all went right on through together ?

Mayberry said...

Conditioning. Brainwashing. Whatever you want to call it. The monkeys demand that the jack boots shake us down in the name of "safety". And so, we get a taste of Nazi Germany. Or East Berlin. Soviet Union. Etc...

Anonymous said...

Where's Francis Marion?

He dead.

"Well...Bye."

Mountain Rifleman

Diogenes said...

Spud: Yup, that would be it.
Mayb: and it all started back when when the Soviet Union started their little experiment.
Guess we know who won this round.

Mt. Rifleman: Have to admit my ignorance. Ya lost me on that one. Gonna go see what I can find. LOL

Diogenes said...

Oh, DUH! LOL The more I learn the more I forget. NOW I get it.