Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Must read.

Go to Mayberry's site. There is an ongoing discussion with one of his commenters there that is a must read.

And he is right.

We are fucked. Pure and simple.

I wanted to say he was full of it but the more I thought about it, the more I can see the signs he is talking about in my own actions of late. The hesitation on making certain decisions (that should be no brainers). The complacency of daily events like the one I posted about in my last post. The Apathy across the board from all sides as I have mentioned in several posts.

And the fact that if ANYONE steps out of line, there are a dozen or more monkeys ready to turn on, turn in, or just scream bloody murder till someone turns on or turns in the interloper. And there are far more than enough police/alphabet gang/military available to make that scream/turn in happen with little intervention by others. And of course the media is there to play it all out as "wackjob" or "tinfoil hat wearer" or like they did with David Koresh, "child molester" or worse.

Yeah, it ain't good, there are few ways to be the "grey man" any longer without raising eyebrows. I keep saying that the system has to fail so that we can start on the reset. Mayberry brought up, as did his commenter, that waiting for the failure will be too late: and they are both right. Yet I can't see anything else other than to keep on keeping on. And we all know how frustrating that can be.

Maybe I am slightly biased due to not having been Deep in BigSky country for very long. I may just have to say 'Fuckit' and do what I need without worrying about staying under the radar. I have been excusing it by thinking I am being smart, when in all actuality, I am being a damned coward, trying to hide in plain sight.
(and if you hadn't figured it out, I am reasoning in my head as I type this. Bear with me, I am getting somewhere)
Cowards hiding in plain sight. We hide our preps since we don't want the world knowing that we are ready for failure or whatever, since we don't want said world showing up on our doorsteps when it happens. In my case, I am trying to build my future, so that it will be completely off grid, but trying to keep the extent of that hidden. When what I need to do is build my future in plain sight and to hell with hiding a damned thing.

Time to cool my jets a bit, let this one gel up a bit more. I think I know where all of my thoughts are headed but I would rather some sleep before making any more bold statements.
Go read that post, think about it. I can think of only a handful that have made the jump from prepper to Freedomista(to quote Claire) completely.
I know I haven't yet. Only now, I can admit it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is still plenty of things that can rock our world. From Shenandoah, DHS Budget Says Napolitano Doesn’t Intend to Secure a Single Additional Mile of U.S. Border—This Year or Next.

That means that terrorists will have more opportunities to smuggle devices and things across our borders.

or how about the Madrid fault line which could turn Kentucky into Ocean front property?

Those are just two examples, and most likely not black swan gifts from our government. While those are also possible, I don't look for them to be on a major scale. They want fear and control. Not too big a mess where they lose control.

See, Dio? Not all is lost! There is still hope for us to have the opportunities mentioned in the article. Just hang tight. I have the feeling we should know something for sure by this August. Of course, if anybody still wants to jump on a boat, I know where one is for sale.

Diogenes said...

I hope you are right. In the cases of 'Catastrophic' messes, you are right, their incompetence would show, just as it always does; they can't have that if they wish to retain control.

August, I hope its that soon. Time flys, but not when you are twiddling your thumbs.