Thursday, February 24, 2011

Maybe it's the weather,

Then again, maybe not.

Seriously? Up $20 in less than 24 hours? Did I call it or what on the 'speculators' yesterday.

I saw (heard) this and made a quick change of plans today. I wasn't going to get anymore silver this week, Bbbuuuttttt, Hey, maybe I panicked a bit. SO TFW! It's not like silver is getting devalued or anything right now. Quite the opposite. While I was there, I saw something that gave me a little nudge too. The place I go is right near a major chain grocery store. There was a little old couple there doing their thing. I counted 10 military issue Gerry cans in the bed of the truck, a cooler the size of a Kenmore and they were loading it up. While I was in getting my coins, the old lady came in and got line behind me. While I was walking back towards the front, she pulled out a wad of Hundreds and started pointing at the silver in the case. I am not alone in this area. I wouldn't be surprised if her husband was sitting in the seat of the truck armed to the teeth while waiting for her. If only there were more like this.

But when I returned home, I was thinking. Uh oh: Diogenes thinking and not a dog in sight to keep him grounded.

Yeah, I know, I should take more care when letting the neurons fire at random like that.

Anywho's, I was thinking. Sitting there, beer in hand, cig burning away at my life, staring at the awesome buy I found in Combat boots (IE my feet) when a thought came out clear as a bell.

"we need to mark times like this with a minor celebration. In a few years, we will look back on these times and have a hard time recognizing them as a reality and not dreamscapes."

Think about that. I saw a market trend, as did you, that rocketed up over a simple 'fear' and more than likely a little greed. The process of that caused a marked increase in fuel prices in the same amount of time. Shortly, that increase will be felt in other areas too. Of course those that 'control' this country, won't feel a damned thing. As for the rest of us; We are feeling it now and its only going to get worse. And it may be getting worse faster than ANY of us is prepared for.

Now when I am saying minor celebration, don't go throwing a danged party or anything, but celebrate that which put you on this earth and gave you the sight to see the truth. Even if its only to raise your face to the heavens and give a hearty thank you, or lifting a glass for the same reason; have at it. Remember this time, they are not only going to get further and further apart, but later, they may not even seem real any longer. Remember well those around you that touch your life now, good or bad, as they may not be around much longer.

Maybe it is the weather. While the post is gloomy, the intent is bright.


I need some sunshine.

7 comments:

Spud said...

As I sit reading your thoughts, I'm eating dinner, with an avocado and tomato salad picked fresh out in the back yard ! Planing on that cold brew and smoke with it afterward.

You are absolutely correct, it will most likely never be better than this moment again in our lives...

Mayberry said...

It will go downhill fast now, but I look to the future with a smile. When this system collapses, we will be Free. And we will rebuild. Let's do it right this time!

Spud said...

Bought 10 gal. colemans yesterday...
Ordered magic mill jr. .....
Mastercard up $300 Bucks ...So Wut !

Mayberry, Thas wut Noah thought too..

Diogenes said...

There are three things that don't scare my any longer. Growing old, Dying, and the direction (IE down) this world is heading in.

A lot of that old fear was due to lack of knowledge. It matters not what actually happens in our future as I know, without doubt, that I will be able to adapt to it. IF something gets really out of wack and this turns into a shooting war, I know, I may not last but I won't be going out alone. And that whole growing old thing, only sucks because I am not as able to bounce back like I did when I was 20. The advantage is, I don't have to struggle as hard like when I was 20 because I understand better how to 'do it right' the first time.

Spud: Careful with that MC. You may find that when Hyper-inflation sets in, they expect you to pay it back at the new currency value. Think the CC-Co's won't work that legislation into effect? If you do, best look at who owns whom on the hill.

Spud said...

Diogenes, Hell if it crashes I'll be so far out in the sticks, that they can Hyper-Inflate all they want lol

Vice Sgt Boone said...

Not to get all religious, but I have had the experience several times in the past few weeks of just being unusually grateful for the smallest things, running water, clean sheets, a child's smile and such and have given thanks to my maker accordingly. In some strange way, I feel happier and more appreciative for my life than I ever have before.

Diogenes said...

VSB: No worries, I understand. Simple pleasures really add up to make a great day. So long as you note them over the 'not so pleasant', you will be doing good. I continue trying to see the 'silver lining' and its getting easier, even with the occasional bad day.