Friday, February 4, 2011

Random thoughts, like a game of pinball.

Had a chance to kick back this afternoon and do exactly nutthin. When that happens, my usually hyper-brain, tends to kick into overdrive and actually heat up things a bit. When that happens, I get some amazing new alloys of thought and really get to the heart of what is all in my head.

I forget where I read it,(probably a Palin book or someother talking head) but someone recently mentioned that Americans don't want handouts because at heart, we are all wanna-be success stars or Wanna-be millionaires. We may not all reach our dreams but we all have that desire.

In some ways, they are absolutely right. Even the ghetto warrior/dealer/kneecruncher wants to emulate or bypass his favorite Rap artist.

I guess it all boils down to your definition of "success". And everyone has a different definition, we can't all be alike in that regard.

I was reading Bashing Williams post the other day(part of the above new alloy) and realized that he is probably one of the most successful people I am acquainted with right now. Short of Thermonuclear or Catastrophic Natural Disaster within miles of his residence, he has no worries about the future. His Family and those near him will be ok. So long as the long arm of the .GOV stays out of his way (and the only reason they would get in his way, would be to 'collect' on some BS tax because they felt they weren't getting enough blood out of that stone.) he will be fine, and more than likely, prosper well into when his kids take over and run it for him.

I watch those that would 'like' to be in positions of power and realize that while they talk a good game, they are still in a state of disconnect with the general American public. Take Sarah Palin for example. Yes, she may have come from small beginnings but look at the way she now lives. Yes, she has conservative values but there is something out of step there. I just don't feel all that convinced, like some I know, that she would be the 'great white hope' of our nation come 2012. (two points here. 1) she may be the best choice given the GOP's hopeful, Jeb Bush and 2) We may not even see elections in 2012 if Egypt is any example. Time will tell)

Hell, facts to me indicate there will be no great white hope: There will only be continuations of the mechanics of our Government and it will only grow further until there is a point where "We the PEOPLE" step up (or fail as the case may be, who knows for certain).

Well, all of these thoughts, a small book I picked up(H/T to Bison for that one.), BW's peice (peace?) and watching the confusion around me; have inspired me to really crank out some growth of my own.

That house will be finished by the end of this summer.(Maybe not 100% done, but inhabited by me by then) Some physical things that I have been neglecting (IE my teeth, I'll admit it) are in line for work. I have many things in place already, but these were/are the things holding me back.

No longer. I may not always have a post up due to my schedule going into overdrive, but I will post. Hell, the political posts may actually wither up and die if I get my camera working again.

(Teaser alert: I came up with a great way to raise potatoes with limited land ability and out of season. It prolly ain't new but I will post pics as I can.)

1 comment:

Mayberry said...

"Success", contrary to popular belief, is not measured in dollars. It is measured on an emotional scale that transcends mere mathematics...