Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mis disculpas

Wrapped up a rather hectic week at work (12 hours OT Woot!) and was in slight recovery mode Sunday and most of Yesterday. Also received a couple of addendums to the "useful Lunk"(the lathe)
This



and This.


plus a couple of other little odds and ends.

I know that they don't look like much, and yes they are 'cheap chinese crap' but they are small nuggets of gold for the future, to me. Hell, I can't afford the 'real stuff'. IF you can even find them anymore.(nothing that will fit my lathe without MAJOR modification.)


Yes, Dio has a little project in the works, Ain't talkin' a whole lot about it, and its complicated as hell.(has connecting rods and cooling fins, just a hint.) This is not a Forward moving thing so much as a prototype of an idea in my head that I have done only a trivial amount of math to see if viable. Yes, it may apply to future endeavors, no its not something able to be patented (was invented in 1816, another hint) and yes, will require lots of casting, tooling, and skullsweat on my part. Can't think of a better way to allow the world to blow up without me and still accomplish something useful. Who knows, we all may need something like this in the future just to get water uphill. (actually, I know of at least two other methods for moving water uphill that are less complicated and more efficient, but I digress)

I see that Things are still stable though borderline towards gaining momentum in Wisconsin. NO news is still no news. Libya is still a mess and now we are moving warships into the area. (How Clinton-esque can you get? talk about a No substance stance. Personally, let them figure it out and if we don't like it, too damned bad. We can't even get our own house in order so who are we to tell others how to do the same?)

Silver and Gold continue their upward movement. Crude oil is doing its little dance up and down right now but sure as hell isn't falling down.
And those three things mean only one thing to the average person, here and around the world.


Its going to get a lot more expensive to feed yourself and family.

I know that others are saying it, I am going to say it again. If you aren't preparing now, its pretty much too damned late. You can still do it but its going to cost you. And its going to hurt, A LOT.

Now, I heard a little bird this morning that was chirping a tune about a CON-Con.

My blood turned to ice.

I can't say enough negatives about this. I have quite a few expletives about such an idea and even there I run out of invectives long before I run out of steam. If you have any questions as to how that little charade would turn out I highly recommend reading something by Matt Bracken on the subject(if you haven't already. ) Granted its speculative fiction but it doesn't take a creative genius to see the potentials being lined up NOW.

Time to crawl back in the tub and curl up with the dogs for a couple of days.

4 comments:

Spud said...

Either a steam or stirling engine would be my guess.

Mayberry said...

Man, I couldn't stop reading that story! Felt like I was sitting there with them...

Diogenes said...

Mayberry. I took it to heart since he covers as many 'possibles' of what the future holds. It really shows just how unstable people can get when things don't hold together.

Spud: Stirling. 90 degree twin cylinder running about 30cc. Just a prototype for now but I want to see how to do it for one and find any 'kinks' in my design.

Spud said...

People never really understand when I tell them that power ,water And fuel are not a concern for me.
All ya gotta do is manufacture what you need. Stone knives and axes built this world, they can do it again.
Knowledge is the one item that is in short supply these days.
Make your brain a sponge, soak as much as possible.