Friday, March 11, 2011

Gravitational pull, and societal myths.

As you all know, I am an avid talk radio nut. I listen to as much as I can stand on a day to day basis, until I am ready to explode. Guess you could also call me a glutton for punishment.

One thing I have been screaming about lately is this whole "Leadership" myth the hawkers have been espousing since time out of mind. WHERE did this crap come from? The only person who should even represent leadership in our country is the President. All others are Representative of the people that elect them: or at least that is what I had always been taught and that is what my research concludes. Yet these talking 'gurus' constantly talk about the leadership of this country. Lately it has been about how we don't have any effective leaders but the point is the same. The only persons you should look to for leadership are yourself first and foremost, and any person of authority whom you respect secondly.(person of authority in this case is someone with more knowledge or wisdom than yourself) This goes back to that whole "cop=security" myth. If you are in need of a cop, chances are they are too far away to be effective in that sense AND they have no obligation to any ONE person for that persons security. '911 only takes a second, waiting for the cops could take the rest of your life.' Again, this is a myth that is sold downstream to the masses and yet I never really ever hear anyone contradict it other than in various blogs. You NEVER hear it in the MSM's. Rarely will one of the Talking heads speak those words (with GB being an exception but he still pulls out that leadership myth more times than I care to count. Micheal Savage is another but same applies to him)

I don't need a 'leader' to tell me how to live my life. My upbringing provided me with the foundation I need to get through life. A moral background that may not be written in stone but is made much stronger with every passing day and growing experience.(and some of these morals were written in stone at one point supposedly.) I think it was in "the Selfish Gene" that I read something about moral upbringings and lack of that as a foundation for criminal activity. There is some truth to that but not all. Sometimes even with a highly moral background, there isn't enough structure provided to provide that foundation. Kinda like laying a brick wall, you need to make sure the footer is properly laid out before you lay the brick; you can lay the brick and it will 'look good' but without that foundation, its gonna crumble with little outside force.

Sadly, it seems that these mythical "leaders" are in dire need of a solid foundation. Even more sadly, its right there within a couple of blocks of them and yet they can't look at it without trying to 'read between the lines'.(and thats lawyers for ya. Always lookin for the loophole)

Like the old cowboy adage goes, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink." Of course, like the horse, they need the desire to actually want to make that change. They aren't thirsty for it. While the rest of the country is slowly falling to pieces, these 'Elite' aren't. They have all of their money tied up nice and tight and no matter what happens, they will be ok. (short of total economic collapse. I am sure that there are a few that even have that covered.)

But lets get back to that Leadership idea. I mentioned that the President is supposed to represent the leadership role. And yes, there is that "leader of the free world" title and there is some merit to it. Our current PoTuS (or should I say ToTUS?) is more than a few strands shy of that role. Hell, every move he makes seems to have the underlying goal of Destruction of the Free world. When he is confronted with 'hard choices', he waffles around them, nearly Dances around them, tries to shuffle them off on others, etc etc. THAT is not a leader by any definition of the word. THAT is an Assistant Manager. Delegate authority but take none for themselves. So, If the Prez is an assistant manager, and Biden is his running scapegoat; WHO is really 'in charge'?

Ponder on that one, I know it has been covered by many conspiracy sites, rumor-mills, etc etc. I don't have, nor pretend to have an answer. I only know that I am the only one ultimately responsible for my well being. I am the only one responsible for my self protection, I am the only one at the end of the day that has to answer to my maker for my actions. I fully understand that there is no I in team. When I was in the Corps, we had to learn to operate as a team, especially if we all wanted to get out of some of the situations they put us into. But even there, we had to have individual traits to make the team function. It all boiled down to a bunch of I's There is only one time in this world where I was the least important part of the equation. As a parent. Even so, the I had to be strong to build the foundation for the child.

The President (maybe I should start calling him El Presidente. Ya think?) is supposedly a leader, but has a serious bent towards 'I' when leaders can't think about themselves first. Like I told my daughter the day granbehbie was born. "Until she is grown and out of home, 'YOU' are the last thing in the world when it comes to making decisions. She takes priority. You will do without, suffer, be humbled, and humiliated; but if you do your job right, she will make you the proudest person on the planet." Mr. President can't see past the mirror to realize that this country is now "his baby" and he HAS TO TAKE CARE OF IT ABOVE AND BEYOND HIS DESIRES.

But maybe that is asking too much from a narcissist.

No comments: