Tuesday, March 15, 2011

If ya ain't got nuthin nice to say,,,,,

You know what, I ain't got a damned nice thing to say today.

I thought about not saying anything at all but James D's post of a couple of days ago (I just read it) kind of set me off. Its not what he said so much as how he said it.

When people tell me not to worry, I get twice as worried. Call it paranoia.

Yep, that about sums it up. All I have been hearing on the MSM's is, “don't worry, there won't be enough radiation to make a difference, here in the states.” And they may be right, but when I hear preaching like that, I get worried. Something ain't right. Maybe they are only saying it to keep the sheep from stampeding. Again, when I hear stuff like this, I start to get worried. Hell, their history of preaching against issues is quite well documented. “Don't worry, the housing market is fine.” “Don't worry, Unemployment is improving.” “ Don't worry, The Federal Government has the situation well in hand.”

Yeah right.

Facts are, there is a lot of shit going down that is far beyond the means of normal people to deal with in an adequate manner. I know only a few people that can handle radiation exposure of any level above normal day to day existence. Just try to find iodine tablets at your local pharmacopoeia. In todays, world, not gonna happen. That shit is poison. (as is anything in the right doses. Even oxygen can kill you. Just ask the astronauts of Apollo 1 ) Unless someone has prepared for Nuclear fallout, you will be hard pressed to find what you need. Since the fall of Russia, I don't think there are that many preppers that have stocked up on the means for dealing with it(and I could be wrong,)

Now, throw in the fact that DHS and FEMA have been making inroads on Emergency Food supplies, even shutting down public sales in the case of one company.(not that I blame them. When you are at capacity and someone with a large bank account comes along, you sell them whatever they want.) We have seen a recent upsurge of quake activity centrally here in the states.(who's kidding, World wide) And of course there is the Societal upheavals all over the place even here in the states. (unions)

Its not so much having a place to run to. When the shits falling out of the sky, the ground is running in circles under your feet, and everybody in the world is going three sheets to the wind insane; where are you going to run? Best bet would be to sit tight for a bit, hope that you get through that level of madness, and when things are done moving on their own, figure out where to go or how to get along where you are. Granted there may be unforeseen circumstances that force you to 'bootscootboogie' on over the horizon, and if thats the case;Vaya con Dios. Le deseo suerte! And say 'Ola!' to the refugees leaving Mexico for here as you pass on the way. In other words, when it hits, its gonna get us all in one way or another.


See, not one damned nice thing to say today. Luckily I am keeping it toned down and not reverting to the words I really want to use.


#$%^&&^%$#$%^&*&^%$%^&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


kinda like that.

So what are we supposed to do?

Wait on FEMA? HA! Fat chance of that. If anyone thinks when things get real bad, that the FEMA people are gonna give up all of those cans of food to the everyday mundano on the streets. LOL hell NO! That is 100% prime grade A barter material buddy. You may find a few honest ones, but I doubt it. Lets not even discuss their history of being late to the party.
Do you think the Cops are gonna stick around to make sure that looting is held to minimal levels? Chances are they will make sure that they get first dibs then do that bootscoot to higher ground, 'y'all can take care of the rest.' as they leave.
(guess that really depends on location. In N'awlins, they just sat on bridges shooting at people.) Again, there may be the few that feel the call of duty, but I doubt it.


No, none of the above are an option in my book. Having preps in place is a pre-requisite. More importantly, attitude. If you panic, you are cold meat on someones table.(and think about that. There are those that will get hungry enough to outgrow that taboo.) The attitude of “I can do this” and “Can't kill me like that” will get you further than you really know. Knowledge is important but creativity is gonna save your ass more. Doing without may become commonplace but if you are creative enough, you won't be without for long; even if it is Hilljacked together and looks a lot like a mutilated roll of duct tape with bits sticking out.. The attitude, creativity, and thinking on your feet, are your key tools. Knowing whether to sit tight or high tail it; thats going to be something along the lines of the lottery. (here's a clue: Don't sit like a deer in headlights when the Train is bearing down on you.) It may be a 50/50 chance but if you choose correctly, you will have hit that powerball for the day. (something to think about now. Look around your current domicile. What are the really nasty business's around you. Not referring to that sex shop up the way either, but the toxic alley's, refineries, nuke power, whatever. You may even want to expand that search out a few miles. IF things get really scary and Mama Terra decides her upstart fleas (IE US) need a good swift kick (Like she just delivered to the Japanese) These particular areas are going to be even more nasty than they are now. Ever seen an oil spill. 1Qt of oil covers an amazingly huge area. (I know you have Mayberry, no need to comment on that) 1000's of gallons (or millions) is not even able to be described in words I know how to spell.(or that get the Expletive deleted action) (well, you all know it, you watched the Gulf oil spill too.) Even the word Brobdingnagian is not enough to describe that level of mess.

Maybe I should just James Morrison the whole concept. In a long enough time line, the survivability of everyone rate is zero. Or in the words of the above mentioned bard, 'No one gets out alive'. Dunno 'bout you, but I would prefer to be upright and breathing no matter what the circumstances are. At least from that position, I have a chance to try again. Horizontally, I am toast.(unless its because I am shooting from the prone) I may go down with a bullet to the head, but it won't be because I pulled the trigger. I may go out starved to death, but not because of lack of trying to get that garden growing. I may wear the soles of my boots of trying to find a better place, but I won't QUIT trying.

2 comments:

Spud said...

After all, isn't that what life's all about ? Just keep trying...

Diogenes said...

mas a menos.

I think that my original title description says it best.

Humanity does not ask us to be to be happy: it merely asks us to be brilliant on its behalf. Survival first, happiness as you can manage it.

Funny thing is, the more I learn, the more I find I can do without. Who knows, I may end up that hermit living in a tub on the outskirts of town with his dogs.