Thursday, June 9, 2011

Further research, and commentary about a blog.

First up, Research time. I am not saying to take this man at his word. His arguments are quite compelling in and of themselves. Do the research yourself (as I did) and make up your own mind. Then apply what you have learned to current events within our .Gov: See if the events that recently transpired with the 1st and 4th Amendments getting trampled on, have any bearing to what this man is discussing.


I also recommend, if at all possible, comparing the 5th edition of Blacks Law Dictionary to the current one.(9th Ed.)

Now. Onward to Commentary.

Kerodin did a piece(Death is Riding for You, Now) that raised up some memories from my past. No, I have never been involved in 'gang' activity or the like. These experiences are from touring with the Gospel plays as an monitor engineer/stage manager. We hit all of the cities he mentions and almost always had shows in the locations he mentions. (along with several others that he does not.) I can tell you, with all due intensity, he is right. Having been in combat, knowing the feeling of that; I would have to say that my survival instincts were on high alert MORE in these areas than that of Kuwait. Think about that for a minute. These are rather large areas too. Kuwait was a COUNTRY about the size of the Greater Cincinnati Metropolitan area. You could literally drive from the Gulf to Iraq in less than 2 hours.
These areas that K is talking about are similar in size, have disproportionate amounts of "entitled" persons living in them. Have a 'code' that really has nothing to do with the general populace. And are very much reminiscent of other countries I have visited where there was a defined Rebel force with underground Weapons dealing along with other aspects of an underground force.(the Philippines for instance.) Yes, if you are known, you can go to these areas, get a fully automatic "whatever" and just ask about the "registration fees" to get a good laugh.

Most of us are NOT known in these areas.

Most of us might last 30 seconds in an area like this at night.

The only reason I can state these things is the tours. Because of persons I hung out with from the cast and crew, I was 'accepted' AT THAT TIME!. I have no illusions that I would be 'disappeared' if I were to show my face without that 'backup'.

These areas are in EVERY major city within our borders. There are more not in Major cities, but little burgs on the fringes.

And they are all very Tribal in nature. Yes, there is squabbling between the tribes. But what happens if suddenly, there is an alternate 'enemy' that threatens their existence? What if that enemy is completely unaware of the existence of these tribes?(as many are in this country, just as many are blind to the real horrors going on at the border.see previous post
)

Now what would make these tribes get to feeling that they are threatened? Well, I mentioned that the 'entitled' level of these areas is pretty high. Hell, I am gonna drop the PC bullshit for a bit. These ghettos have an extraordinarily high Welfare level in them. Section 8 housing is skyhigh. etc etc. What would make these areas uncomfortable? Simple, Loss of those entitlements. Even 'threatened loss' is enough in some of these areas. (DC and Philly come to immediate mind)
SO, if 'threatened', What would these tribes POSSIBLY do?

I leave that as a thought experiment for you.

(edit: Added missing links)

2 comments:

Mayberry said...

Best advice I ever got from a black friend: Don't EVER let your "cracka azz" get caught on MLK Street after dark. Don't matter what city you're in...

There are several parts of this city I don't like to go through in daylight, much less at night. And they match your "un-PC" description 100%...

Diogenes said...

And every city now has an MLK street/drive/whatever(at least it seems so to me.).

Here's a funny for you. (not) That apartment I moved out of to here, was one block off MLK. Remember how I talked about the gunfire incidents on occasion? Guess that clears up some of that.